Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs up and down in 24-6 win

SystemSystem Posts: 10,535 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Bulldogs up and down in 24-6 win

Georgia football roared out to a 21-0 lead at Vanderbilt, but the individual performances were mixed from that point on, with one unit a surprising disappointment

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

what an anemic second half. Poor execution or poor play calling? The big boys up front must have taken a siesta

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ugh...disappointing to hear about.

I recorded the game so I'll watch when I get home.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DawgDaddyDawgDaddy Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

You might check that score in your headline, 30-6 not 24-6. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

You got the score wrong ! I knew Vandy would play us tuff. How about all the Red at the game ! Not bad for a first game on the road. Got sloppy a few times ! They get it fixed ! Good to see Zues get out there & knock some rust off !!! Go Dawgs

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess it's a luxury that a 24 point win can feel disappointing. Here's hoping it was just week 1 kinks that will be ironed out. But speaking of ironing out the kinks, I do find the lack of passing in the second half perplexing. In the past, I've found it to be kind of a silly argument, but when you've got a receiving corps this inexperienced, why not give them the reps?

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

STOCK DOWN

Accurate score reporting

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock down for my headline on deadline! I'll be running extra sprints after we finish up our stories!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Ga started out very strong and then either lost some concentration or maybe Vandy made good adjustments. Need to watch the re-play, I suspect it was a little of both.

I'm very pleased with the defense, minus the unnecessary penalties.

Disappointed in the second half offense, but I give credit to Derrick Mason's boys, and also feel that Coley was limiting the offense as to not show any more than necessary with ND the next real hurdle on the schedule.

Glad to see some receivers step up and it was awesome to see Zamir White running again. His running style reminds me of Nick Chubb.

The Dawgs covered the spread and it didn't look like there were any serious injuries. Not a bad start...

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1-0

Get back to Athens watch the film make changes and do more!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

we gave the coaching staff a ton to work on before ND.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The uneven nature of the performance is par for the course for most teams on opening day. Georgia's talent is so far above Vandy's that we looked good despite opening day inconsistency. We will improve on defense I have no doubt.

On offense--we did great in the first half. I thought play selection was varied and at times inspired. Then with a lead we seemed to revert back to a very vanilla offense. It almost seemed our guys got bored. Jake's second half rhythm was off it seemed to me and I'm wondering if that is due to something with Jake and the players, or something to do with coaching decisions.

All that said, we won this game without a moment of doubt in my mind. I think we could have scored at will had we stuck to the creative play calling of the first half. I am pleased with the outcome and proud of our team. But it is a long way to go to any serious talk of an SECC.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Airing it out more”... Not really. They are what they are, which is fine. But I kind of wanted to see the ball in the air more. The receivers need experience. Maybe next week.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

What I saw was the exact same recipe that blew a two score lead to Alabama twice in a row. Get a early lead and then shut the offense down. This is not a national championship team, they have the players but the game day coaching is sorely lacking. Yet another year empty handed, Clemson, Alabama and a couple others would boatrace this team

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm hoping the hype about our O-Line wasn't simply because they are big boys because they had Fromm running away from or getting clobbered by defenders way too much. I'm hoping they figure out how to pass block and short yardage.

Sorry, they looked average and unimpressive to me.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great points!

the million dollar question is, did the “vanilla” come from the players or coaches?

my gut feeling is coaches because our second half offense looked essentially no different than GT the past 10 yrs. I hope there was some sort or reasoning behind turning things down, because I can’t handle the Jekyll and Hyde.

On a lighter note, our defense in the fourth quarter ( except the last Vandy drive) was very nice! Loves the aggression and mauling. And my gracious how long has it been since we had 2 sacks in a game?

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

GA started off great in the 1st Quarter. After that, the team was put on cruise control. Expect much the same against the next 2 teams before ND comes to town. Hope we aren't still sleep walking by then.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2019

Interesting to me how everyone’s so up and down on our performance. We played an actual SEC opponent, didn’t show nearly all of Our cards and dominated them defensively except for some face masks and one questionable late hit penalty.

Further, Jakes stat line is nearly identical to Trevor Lawrence’s minus TWO INTERCEPTIONS. We cant trust the media Dawg Fans. This is a good team and they will clean it up.