Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Longtime UGA commit Jamil Burroughs backs off his decision

SystemSystem Posts: 10,507 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageBREAKING: Longtime UGA commit Jamil Burroughs backs off his decision

Jamil Burroughs has backed off his college decision. The 4-star DT prospect made his commitment over a year ago. Was it expected? Where does this leave the 2020 class now?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck with your final decision young man..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

If I'm wrong about this, someone please tell me...

But with our defense set up mostly in a 3 man front, and the LBs being used for most of the rushing / havoc, it stands to reason that D linemen who want to get noticed will go to a school with a traditional 4 man defensive line that is not so reliant on the linebacker corps.

With CKS's set up, it stands to reason why we're stacked at LB, but not so much on the line.

BTW, I was pulling for the Bears last night. I was working while having the game on, and I kept hearing Roquan's name.

The Bears' offense just couldn't get anything going.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well... about >half the NFL teams run the 3 man front. ??/

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I suspect Georgia has a higher rated prospect in line, and they let Burroughs know that.

I would be very careful with Saban. Did he really want Burroughs, or was he just trying to keep him from Georgia.

I looked it up on 247. Alabama hasn't signed any DT's who were ranked any lower than No.20 during the last 5 cycles.

Be very careful young man...

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If nothing positive can be said about these young men making decisions that effect their own lives and no one else’s, why say anything at all? Go Dawg!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would love to look inside the crystal ball (aka Jeff Sentell’s head) and see the future for how this class finishes. I know he doesn’t know all the pieces. But he knows more than he’s allowed to write. I’m inpatient; I want to know now!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best wishes to him, now we are free to pluck UF's DT

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks, I see that.

I just can't help but think that a kid on the DL would want to play on a team where the LBs aren't the stars.

Maybe Kirby is simply doing the best he can since schools like Alabama and Clemson have been cleaning up on DL.

Since Kirby was hired, DL recruiting is the ONLY thing that I scratch my head about.

BTW, Clemson lost all 4 of their DL starters from last year.

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wish nothing but the best for JB except if he ever lines up against the Dawgs. Hopefully this works out well for all parties, as there are some big fish that UGA is still chasing on the DL. We need a good haul in the 2020 class.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best of luck to Mr. Burroughs. If Bama is his heart, then I hope he finds what he's looking for there.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Well like the quote in the movie "Cousin Vinny", Win Some, Lose Some..

• Options
    unweanedlilpupunweanedlilpup Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Good luck to him ...but I'm glad ...don't need wishywashy commits

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Odds are good that he would have been the 1st to hit the Portal after riding the pine in 2020...