Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Social media in awe of George Pickens after Georgia football win over Murray State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,992 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageSocial media in awe of George Pickens after Georgia football win over Murray State

The Georgia football team picked up a 63-17 win over Murray State on Saturday. And a number of Georgia football fans were buzzing about some of the many highlights on social media. The most talked-about player on Saturday was freshman wide receiver George Pickens. He had a one-handed catch, a diving catch and a

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

ESPN has dropped us from 3rd to fourth in the national rankings . They replaced us with LSU .A good reason for us to not play cupcake schools .

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can play cupcake schools, we just need to dominate completely.

LSU scored 45 points against Texas...in Texas. What would they have done to Murray State at home?

I understand letting the 2nd and 3rd string players get experience in a game that they wouldn't ordinarily get against a strong opponent.

However, the rankings or playoff committee don't likely take that into account.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've got Notre Dame in a couple weeks. LSU played Georgia Southern last week and their next game is against NW State, whatever that is.

I find it hard to justify concluding that LSU must be a better team than Georgia simply because they played their non-cupcake earlier than Georgia does.

• jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

Not worried about where anyone has us ranked right now. We have a very young team, and getting our depth some experience is more important. Besides, the only rankings that will count are at the end of the year. If we take care of business all year, we will be in the right place in the rankings. Of course, the CFB world will go crazy if the last top 4 has 3 SEC teams. LOL I am sure that we will be penalized if we don't beat A&M by as much as Clemson did, but there are factors that will be involved.....A&M will have time to improve upon their weaknesses, and conference teams know more about each other than they do about an OOC opponent. To me, beating any team later in the season may be harder than doing the same thing early on. Teams learn more from the things they did "wrong" than from what they did right.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 29,213 mod

As long as we are number 1 after the final football game that’s all I care about