Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby's "babysitter" ???

cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

At the 8 Minute 25 second Mark of the second quarter, you can see a guy continually pulling Kirby off of the field. Who is that and what is his role usually? I thought it was rather humorous to see him pulling on Kirby's belt loops to get them off the field.

Comments

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same guy as last year. It is the strength coach whose job on game day is to keep the coach from getting a sideline penalty by walking out on the field at the wrong time.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scott Sinclair. Director of Strength and Conditioning. His job is to "babysit" KS on gameday. To translate, he has to keep KS off the field so that the refs won't hit him with those penalties.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scott Sinclair

• HunkerDownHunkerDown Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

Love it. Can you imagine how many things a head coach has to deal with and think about during the course of a game. I feel like I would need 3 or 4 Scott Sinclair's to keep me in line if I were a head coach.

• cusedawgcusedawg Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thank you for the responses. It was pretty funny to watch.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown prob only need Scott... go check out the videos of the strength and con staff for throw down Thursdays.

https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-UGA-strength-staff-Scott-Sinclair-Ed-E-108471822

• shhmittyshhmitty Posts: 284 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah Scott is the man! Him and his staff are the single reason we are healthy for the exception of a few injuries. During the CMR days we would be plagued with injuries to our starting line up at this time of the season.

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Venables' guy is really busy when Clemson's D is on the field. That dude is intense.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know who didn't need it? CMR... someone could have held his pillow... lol

I like an animated coach. Your team takes on your personality... seems to be true.

Scott is a BAD dude! Kirby isn't going to slap his hand away too often.

• HunkerDownHunkerDown Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

@cf_ugaman said:
    @HunkerDown prob only need Scott... go check out the videos of the strength and con staff for throw down Thursdays.

https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-UGA-strength-staff-Scott-Sinclair-Ed-E-108471822

haha saw that before. Awesome.

@bmauldin said:

I like an animated coach. Your team takes on your personality... seems to be true.

CMR actually showed a little emotion Saturday against the Criminoles, I was proud of him.

@shhmitty said:

@bmauldin said:

CMR actually showed a little emotion Saturday against the Criminoles, I was proud of him.

I saw that. I used to wait for him to say during his pressers:
    "Drugs are bad, emkay"

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@shhmitty said:

@bmauldin said:

CMR also has grown a goatee'

@ForestryDawg said:

@shhmitty said:

@bmauldin said:

CMR also has grown a goatee'

Heads to Miami and joins a biker gang... tsk tsk

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When Richt yelled at his players for disrespecting the FSU logo after that game I was a little nostalgic. He's a good dude. I don't think anyone should stay at the same coaching spot for longer than 10 years. I'm sorry but things just get stale. I like the excitement of change.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Polynikes said:
    When Richt yelled at his players for disrespecting the FSU logo after that game

To me that is kinda funny...what is the one thing that Richt is known for in his Georgia career? That is making a fool out of himself during the Florida game by running the entire team on the field and dancing around......The only thing that really accomplished was POing Meyer....I think it's safe to say that Meyer got the last laugh because Richt never beat him again.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

https://youtu.be/Ozf63zZoeVA?t=5262

Richt was sharing his emotions against Duke at the 1:27:30 mark.

• mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best part of this picture is that Kirby is on the field! Love his enthusiasm.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@mattmd2 said:
    Best part of this picture is that Kirby is on the field! Love his enthusiasm.

Besides our fans, he too is our "12th Man".....