Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia zeroed in on Notre Dame's top weapon, dual-threat quarterback Ian Book

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia zeroed in on Notre Dame's top weapon, dual-threat quarterback Ian Book

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart doesn't waste words, so it was noteworthy the only Notre Dame player he singled out on Monday was dual-threat QB Ian Book, the Irish's greatest threat on offense

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope we can contain Books better than we did Hurts in the SEC Championship game

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,888 mod

Personnel is completely different here now so I’m gonna go with yes

• Options
    Dawgfan1995Dawgfan1995 Posts: 77 ✭✭✭ Junior

A big difference between Hurts and Book is that the defense will have a week (or more) of preparation for Book. In the SEC Championship game, the team prepped mostly for Tua.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As is defensive/offensive coordinators.  Perhaps offensive coordinator can accomplish two things the previous one did not.  1.  Don't take foot off the gas when you have a team on the ropes.  Bama came back twice when Chaney served up a double scoop of vanilla ice cream offense, which they stopped, once Dawgs were ahead.  2.  Talk Kirby out of **** fake punts and field goals when team is ahead. 

• Options
    HerschelsDailySoupHerschelsDailySoup Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think getting an early stop and an early score could be huge. The place will be electric at kickoff, and if we take an early lead it could last all night. In 08, when we had a night game v bama the place was almost as loud as any game I've ever been to, but then when bama took the early lead it got real quiet real fast. Can't let that happen. If you're going to be in the stadium, make sure you're going to be hoarse on sunday!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Read the BOOK,know the BOOK, when you need to, stop the BOOK, then start your own chapter. All of the three prior games should have the Dawgs ready to bite some pages off the BOOK.. Let's have a BOOK burning.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Put Nolan Smith as the spy on Ian Book. That should be fun to watch.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I always hate "control the clock". When you start watching the clock and choosing plays based on the clock, you start losing. How many games have been lost (by us and others) when a sizable lead turns into a run up by the other team because you are just running it up the middle and the other team knows that.

When you need to run out the clock, you've clearly gotten to a place to where you are leading. So, why would you stop doing what you were doing? If you're winning with the pass game, keep passing. The ONLY time you should be doing anything related to the clock is if you are down to the last drive and can end it with maybe a single 1st down or so.

• Options
    MadDawggMadDawgg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

This will be good practice for Tua in December

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Probably Paul Horning. Pretty sure Giff played at USC. These DAWGS are ready to express themselves!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate control the clock when it's code for playing not to lose which means losing far too frequently. I agree we need to run for a ton of yards, but I'm fine if we win by throwing the ball a lot. I believe we can do either at will. Of course I also trust Kirby and his new OC to dial up the right plays and play a better long game than the opponent's staff.

This is not last year's offense!

This is still Georgia, a run first team, a break your will team, an assignment execution team, but we're far better, I think, than most other teams in depth (and in knowing how to utilize our depth), in team speed, and in athleticism. I think we match up well with ND in many respects, but let's play the game and find out.

In the meantime, avoid the Rat Poison.

I'm ready for Saturday night.

Go, Dawgs!