Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Paul Finebaum says Notre Dame will get 'destroyed' by Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imagePaul Finebaum says Notre Dame will get 'destroyed' by Georgia

The No. 3 Georgia Bulldogs are a heavy favorite heading into Saturday's game against No. 7 Notre Dame. In some places, the line is as high as 14-points.  And it appears the folks and Vegas aren't the only ones who think this game could be a runaway win for the Bulldogs. ESPN's Paul Finebaum, appearing on "Get Up",

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As usual, Irish are overrated.  Sports media and pollsters just love them.  Always make them out to be more than they really are.  I think UGA covers 14.  And Irish will fall all of one spot in the polls, as a result. 

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't stand this rat poison. BTW, Jalen Hurts used that expression the other day.

I don't want these kids to be embarrassed on a national stage with everyone talking them up.

I truly believe Kirby is helping to keep their heads clear of all this noise.

If UGA plays its best game, yes, we can win convincingly. But we've got to show up!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Don't know, and son't care about some perceived blow-out by the Dawgs, just win whether it be by 31 or just 1. If God forbid , the Dame wins, UGA's national title hopes will be a lot tougher to accomplish, as all the pollsters will drop drop them out of the top ten.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DawFan1980, I'm ok with that, as long as they stay at least one spot above the "undefeated" Gators. 

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If that happens..... #7 ND destroyed by #3 .... Just tells the world again how useless the media polls are this time of year.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

That’s why we have the game Sat night. To see who is best

• Options
    HawkHawk Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

I don't like all this hype, just go out and take care of the ball - businesslike. The players need to play as if they have alot to prove. Georgia will not get credit for what it should do, but what it does. Go get em and then move on to the next team. We do not have the luxury of some #1 teams that basically just have to show up because of their soft schedule, we are going to have to earn it.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Call D-Con and tell them someone is selling their rat poison. Whether it's Finebaum or anyone else, the players absolutely CANNOT fall for this crap. They need to come out blazing and keep on firing until the final whistle. The coaches need to bring their A games as well. Know what they want to call and when they want to call it -- no **** timeouts because they don't have the right offensive or defensive play. And we fans need to show up early and be loud! We need to make Sanford truly a home field advantage for the Red and Black, both for our boys on the field as well as for fans all around the country who will be tuning in to see what SEC football is all about. Let's leave 'em talking about us like they did when we traveled to South Bend two years ago. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don’t take anything Finebaum says seriously. He’s a talking head, paid to stir up controversy. He might be right in this case but I’d just rather avoid the rat poison for now.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Lowcountry, if the Dawgs win it's "Oh well, so what!" by the national media. However, should ND pull a rabbit out of the hat and find a way to win, the narrative will be, "The Irish are one of the all-time great teams!" That's just the way it is since nobody likes the new kid that starts taking attention from the old guard. No team has gotten more mileage from a win than Texas in the bowl game against a disinterested Dawg team. Dawgs show up and win that game, as they should have, and Texas isn't a blip on the radar this year.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

We are the equal to Bama and Clemson, talent-wise. Now Kirby has to develop his sideline coaching to match Saban and Dabo. Kirby had a two TD lead in the 3rd Q in the SECCG and chose to sit on the lead. Dabo chose to try to score 60 in the CFPCG. Bill Parcells once said, you coach conservative in the regular season, then throw the kitchen sink at opponents in the playoffs. Kirby needs to learn that.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ol' elephant ears Paul is a mouthy joker! I bet that clown can hear gnats fart. ND has the talent to beat us. We better be ready. Hope we've been turning it up a notch in practice getting ready for these guys. GATA, Dawgs!

GO DAWGS!