Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Remake-- "Dooley's Junkyard Dawgs" to "Kirby's Junkyard Dawgs"

Carlos74Carlos74 Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

What a Great way to tie the Old and New Dawgs together.... I just went back and looked at the YouTube Video of James Brown Killing it at the 50 yard Line with that Song.... Great Memories.... Hell update it and Have Soney Michelle do the NEW Version... or a Local Hip Hop / Rapper from the Georgia area.... It would KILL... I am just the Idea Guy... not the technical one that could pull this off....just credit the idea to me. haha :-)

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Quavo from Migos has already said he was a HUGE UGA fan. No biggie... just make it happen. lol

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is Sony’s musical skill set? He’s a DJ I’ve heard. So like he’s does that scratching thing on a turntable and he edits bits of other music pieces together?

• Options
    JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,563 admin
    edited October 2017

Good morning @levander I got you on this one. This should help. He's provided the theme for Kirby Smart's All-Access show, among several other projects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMZc1DrmVjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA8jW9NiiZQ

He also had the "UGA We Ballin" hype song from over the summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuTC20OL7As

• Options

****! Service with a smile...

I was thinking about Googling for those, but I was too lazy.

Thanks Jeff!

• Options

So I watched the videos. Sony is better than I thought he’d be.

Most rap music I can’t stand. I went off to college about the time rap was getting big back in the 90’s. So I’m just a little too old to be into rap. My musical tastes were set before I was really exposed to rap.

But Michel like half sings/half raps, so I’m able to listen to it and enjoy it.

Kid could do a killer cover of Dooley’s Junkyard Dawgs.

If the kid knows about it, maybe it’s just the music publishing rights, etc. that’s the reason he hasn’t done it?