Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nolan Smith is going to be a 'superstar stud' according to David Pollack

SystemSystem Posts: 11,137 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageNolan Smith is going to be a 'superstar stud' according to David Pollack

David Pollack holds Georgia's all-time sack record with 36. He's on the very short list of all-time best defensive player at the University of Georgia. He knows a thing or two about being a college superstar and a disruptive defender. And Pollack thinks he sees some of the traits that make up a truly dominant pass

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's nice to read Pollack referring to Smith as a "man". The only students at UGA that are referred to as "kids" seem to be athletes. Then we wonder why these adult "kids" sometimes act out in childish ways!

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know how old you are, but at almost 50 for me, anyone under about 30 is a kid. Except for those brave men and women serving in our military. College kids are definitely that: kids. No offense or disrespect meant to anyone, including the kids.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm 67 but I was on my own at 16 and at that tender age I wasn't a kid much less at 18 to 22 when I was serving in SE Asia. I was a non-traditional student when I was at UGA graduating at 48. I don't recall any professors referring to their students as kids the way coaches refer to their students (players). I started out thinking I was superior to my classmates who were 26 to 30 years my junior, but soon respected their maturity, resourcefulness, and willingness to help the older guy. To me, kids are wards of their parents, not adults working hard to improve themselves whether it is student athletes or just students. No disrespect Lowcountry, just a different opinion. By the way, my wife is from Jesup and I have a hearty respect for people who can tolerate life below the gnat line!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Time for some major league Havoc and Mayhem Saturday night. Turn up the sack total.