Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

7 Georgia football players to watch closely against Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,705 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

image7 Georgia football players to watch closely against Notre Dame

Georgia tailback D'Andre Swift leads the list of 7 Bulldogs' players to keep an eye on against Notre Dame in Saturday night's historic showdown

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And.. The 12th man, Sanford stadium will be a loud, and hostile enviorment. A definite advantage for the home team..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    HerschelsDailySoupHerschelsDailySoup Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I would add DJ Daniel. It doesn't look like Campbell will be a full go by game time, so we need the JuCo transfer to step up. That side of the field is going to get the majority of the targets as long as Stokes is on the other.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would also add Dominic Blaylock. George Pickens in very talented and exciting but I believe Blaylock will be right there with him before his career is over. So much depth and so much fun too watch. In years past we, as fans, would be nervous as to which team a “former coach” would put on the field any given game. Kirby (and coordinators) will have these guys fired up and ready to attack by kickoff Saturday night. It’s going to be a night at Dooley Field at Sanford Stadium that will be remembered for a lifetime! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All the Dawgs below----WELL SAID!

Blaylock is indeed one of the stars in the making. DJ Daniel is one to watch in this game. I hate that Campbell is likely not going to play in this game. Notre Dame has good, big receivers and no running game.

The 12th Man will be in the house.

I cannot wait for kickoff of this game. This game feels like a championship game because the ripple effect of the outcome will be felt in Athens for likely decades to come.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,976 mod

I would also add Jake Skole. Sleep on 42 at your own peril

• Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

I also noted Nolan Smith being given limited work last week. I've been saying this to folks all week. I predict him to make some plays on that quarterback. Its hus turn to have some "Pickens" moments.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watch for our D keeping their heads up when tackling. KY had the UF game stolen from them on the most ridiculous targeting penalty I have ever seen. Officials seem to love to make their presence known in big games and usually at UGA's expense!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Shoot the hooch, I cannot stand the way the targeting rule is handled. I'm all for the rule itself, as a concept. I do think it's made the game safer, which is obviously a good thing. But most of the time when it's called, it's a situation where the defender couldn't reasonably be asked to have done anything differently - oftentimes a mere incidental glancing of the helmet as bodies are rapidly changing position. They see this on replay, and throw him out anyway. The announcers will usually make the case that the rule is worded in such a way that these otherwise indefensible decisions have to be made. Well, if that's the case, the rule needs to be revised.