Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Help a Dawg out

JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

My wife's late father purchased this plate for my wife before he passed away several years ago. Today it was broken. Does anyone have one of these laying around somewhere that they'd be willing to part with. Will gladly pay a premium for it. It's an oval 12x7. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will have to ask the wife. Sorry to see that.

• JGoodmanJGoodman Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BamaDawg said:

Thank you! I've been searching high and low. I've found everyone but the one I need!

@BamaDawg said:

Thank you! I've been searching high and low. I've found everyone but the one I need!

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I have the vegetable platter, but I'll keep my eyes open for you.

@ghostofuga1 said:
    I have the vegetable platter, but I'll keep my eyes open for you.

Thank you!

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just a couple of ideas, and you’ve probably already tried, but thought I’d offer them just in case.
    Have you tried the UGA Bookstore, or the many other UGA-related stores in Athens? (Might be worth a road trip to Athens)
    How about searching EBay, or even Craigslist? You never know.
    Good luck, bud!

edited October 2017

@LuvsDawgs said:
    Just a couple of ideas, and you’ve probably already tried, but thought I’d offer them just in case.
    Have you tried the UGA Bookstore, or the many other UGA-related stores in Athens? (Might be worth a road trip to Athens)
    How about searching EBay, or even Craigslist? You never know.
    Good luck, bud!

I haven't tried Athens yet but it's certainly on the list. I feel like I have searched every site on the entire internet lol. I've reached out to the maker but haven't heard anything back yet.

• ChaseAtlAzChaseAtlAz Posts: 54 ✭✭ Sophomore

I got a tin gift basket container with that exact decoration on it, as a gift earlier this year. I will check with the family to see if any of them have this piece.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I sell a good bit on Ebay. Usually when I find or have an item to sell, I'll do extensive research to find the appropriate value. This particular plate/platter isn't popping up as are some of the others. But not to say say it's not out there somewhere.

• mowetdirtmowetdirt Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

@JGoodman If Magnolia Lane hasn't got back to you yet, you might go to their web sight, look at the stores here in Georgia and call them individually. May be a quicker response than waiting to see if manufacturer does anything. I believe this would be the description of what you have -University of Georgia Magnolia Lane Collection 12" x 7" Oval Plate. Good Luck.

@mowetdirt said:
    @JGoodman If Magnolia Lane hasn't got back to you yet, you might go to their web sight, look at the stores here in Georgia and call them individually. May be a quicker response than waiting to see if manufacturer does anything. I believe this would be the description of what you have -University of Georgia Magnolia Lane Collection 12" x 7" Oval Plate. Good Luck.

I'll absolutely try that. Thank you!

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My wife said she could swear she saw one at the College store at the mall in Douglasville

@BamaDawg said:
    My wife said she could swear she saw one at the College store at the mall in Douglasville

I'll reach out to the today! Thank you!

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I showed my wife and she said that she thinks she saw one similar at a local boutique. I am heading out of town today, but I will try my best to look in a few and see if they know about it. If so, I will get you their number and you can contact direct.

Wish me luck!

• CharlotteDawgCharlotteDawg Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

JG,
    I just did a 'quick search' on Replacements.com and did not see anything, sorry

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I might have it. I will get back to you by tomorrow.

@bmauldin said:
    I showed my wife and she said that she thinks she saw one similar at a local boutique. I am heading out of town today, but I will try my best to look in a few and see if they know about it. If so, I will get you their number and you can contact direct.

Wish me luck!

I truly appreciate it! Thank you so much!

@ColaDawg86 said:
    I do have it. I left it at my mother's house in Florida. If you could send me your name, and contact info so we can make arrangements.

Wow! Thank you! My name is Jamey Goodman, you can reach by email at Jameybgoodman@gmail.com or my mobile is 912-341-5372!

Thanks so much to each of you. It looks like someone here has one that they're willing to part with! Again, thank you all for your help. It's truly appreciated! GO DAWGS