Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

South Carolina/Hilinski

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2019 in Off Topic

Saw this story and was surprised that I hadn’t heard of it since I know a lot of people in SC(haven’t been on FB in awhile I reckon lol):

I’ve actually been aware of the Hilinski story for awhile because Maisel from ESPN did a really good story on the family as he also lost a kid to suicide.

But anyway, I can see where it’s in poor taste...BUT...it’s in SC and in my experience Gamecock fans aren’t fans of The State...Spurrier used to have a legit feud with Ron Morris..

SC fans are crazy and it’s worse with Clemson and us being good so they’re liable to lash out. I’m pulling for Hilinski outside of against us though.

Comments

• Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t know what happened between last week (Bama) and Mizzou but Hilinski couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. Gonna be a long season for Muschamp

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What a BS explanation by The State. What they are basically saying is that they have people doing cut editing who don’t follow the topic being reported. Every serious CFB fan in the country knows about this situation. From one coast to the other.

• chinadawgchinadawg Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

I only flipped past their game in the second half, but the announcers talked about Hilinski in his elbow taped in the first half and removing the tape in the second. His first half was like 3 of 14 or something. I’m not sure if he really improved in the second half or not. But maybe his elbow was giving him problems?

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can see how this mistake would be made. Not everyone knows of this foundation, and the Editor (probably not even a college football fan) was one of those people. Unfortunate, yes. Intentional/poor taste, no.