Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Perspective

BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve read some of the comments since the game and struggled with whether or not to share, but here we go. My wife gave birth to our first born child last week and he was immediately taken to the NICU. We’ve been in the NICU for a week now and still really don’t have any answers, only that he’s having many epileptic seizures daily and the neurologists call it “a very rare phenomenon.” I watched the game on my phone on silent in the NICU while holding my baby boy, honestly not knowing whether he was going to survive to see tomorrow. I missed plays here and there and actually didn’t watch the final 4 minutes. Last week, I made jokes about wanting my wife to have him early in the week so that we could get home to watch the game, but now that I’m a father and am going through this, I realize that it doesn’t matter. At all. It’s a football game played by kids. I’m sure down the road I’ll get back to being incredibly passionate about the Dawgs and my Bravos, but not today. Today I’m thankful for my family and glad that the Dawgs won a game in front of a national audience vs. a blue blood, playoff caliber football team. And that’s enough for me.

Comments

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry to hear that and I hope they find out what’s wrong and he gets better soon.

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My second girl was in the NICU for the first week of her life and all we did was pray for her and be with her. I totally get it even though it sounds like your boy had more to overcome and my heart goes out to you, your wife and your baby boy.

Keep us posted.

• tcdawg94tcdawg94 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

God Bless you and your family Boro.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Prayers up for you and your family, @BoroDawg. May God grant you many healthy and happy days with your son.

• PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hoping for the best. Is your son in the NICU in Savannah?

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well said. Prayers sent to you and your family my friend.

This discussion has been closed.