Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football's 'Mr. Consistency' comes through again, Kirby Smart praises Rodrigo Blankenship

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football's 'Mr. Consistency' comes through again, Kirby Smart praises Rodrigo Blankenship

Georgia football kicker Rodrigo Blankenship delivered in the clutch for the Bulldogs in the 23-17 win over Notre Dame, drilling all three field goal attempts

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure going to miss not having to worry about kickoffs and field goals.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rod is a DGD, no doubt. It’s gonna **** next year breaking in a freshman kicker. You can usually bet that the kicking game will win/lose you 1 or 2 games a year. UGA has had some great kickers the last 20 years. I might take Rod over any of them, quite honestly. Dawgnation should dig up all the kicking stats for the last 20 years and see how he stacks up against guys like Walsh, Coutu, Morgan, et al. I would do it myself, but I’m busy..

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Everything about Rodrigo is likeable. He is humble, gracious, grateful; he works hard, leads by example, is a great student in the classroom and a great student of the game. Furthermore, he earned his scholarship. I also recently saw a video of him leading the team in the locker room prior to the ND game.

This young man deserves everything that will be coming to him. I hope the National pundits recognize his talent and award him the Lou Graza Award!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep Kirby definitely needs to throw all the salutations and “atta boy’s” he can Hot Rod’s way. He may have just saved Kirby from doing a whole lot of “splaining”, so to speak, with that last field goal. Hot Rod is a DGD! Go Dawgs!

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hot-Rod Blankenship is one of the GOAT's when it comes to UGA football. He's right up there with the all time greats like Kevin Butler.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Went and searched the UGA kicking records (and some of those greats from years-gone-by had the benefit of a kicking tee). Rodrigo is amazing. Just a class act as well. The more efficient the offense in scoring touchdowns, the lower the points-total a kicker gets. Please, please do all of your interviews with your helmet on, and keep the original glasses. Iconic.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kickers win games.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

We are really gonna miss him next year. Maybe we can get Bodrigo Rlankenship to kick for us next year....