Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia's secondary loaded with options, Kirby Smart went with experience against Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia's secondary loaded with options, Kirby Smart went with experience against Notre Dame

Georgia coach Kirby Smart went with experience over younger, sometimes more talented players, against Notre Dame in a 23-17 win

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SCEdwards123SCEdwards123 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Cant fault the logic. Two corners and f iij rest time under the lights in the biggest game in Athens in a very long time. I'm sure if there was some separation on the scoreboard Tyrique would have gotten in there.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

No Otis Reese or Lewis Cine either......and LeCounte has been a disappointment to me, he was caught flat footed on several plays where the ND receivers blew right by him.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Okay Dawg fans - we were lucky they didn't score 2 TD's on McGee like Bama did in the SEC championship game last year when he played star. He may be from Peach Co but he is a small guy and gives up a lot of catches. I see Kirby's desire to go with experience over talent because last year he tried to start true freshman Tyson Campbell at corner and ended up having to bring in Stokes halfway through the season (because TC couldn't get his head around to look for the pass). Stokes played great and when he went out on the second play of the game against ND, I was seriously worried. There was obviously a lot of confusion in the secondary in the first half of Saturday's game. Thank goodness RFr D Wilson played a great second half. What has happened to Ameer Speed and Latavious Brini? Both of them were highly rated recruits and much bigger than MdGee. They should be ready to play by now. I did see that Speed was awarded special teams player of the week along with Hot Rod.

I appreciate that McGee is a hardworking DGD and Kirby wants to play the more experienced guy - but I really don't want to see him on the field, sorry.

Last comment about Saturday, the biggest turning point of the game came at the start of the third quarter when Isaiah Wilson came back in at rt. tackle. Cade Mays did not have a good game out there, he played better at guard. Lets hope both of our big tackles can stay healthy the rest of the season.

• Options
    dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

McGee is Malcolm Parrish 2.0. Come on Kirby don't get beat with your more talented player on the sideline just because he doesn't have as much experience......