Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Question about streaming games.

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
edited October 2017 in General

So I have seen threads about this but never paid a lot of attention because I never had to do it. However, this weekend I'll be out of town and not sure the area/ hotel will carry the SEC network. I've looked at both the SEC Network and ESPN3 site and really don't see a definite on being able to stream Saturday's game.

I know if all else fails, I should be able to stream the radio broadcast.

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

BTW- it will be on laptop as opposed to tablet or phone if that makes a difference.

Comments

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I used to have a cable TV service that did not carry the SEC network, so I would sign-up for a one week free trial subscription to Sling TV (make sure you add the sports package). After watching the game, you can cancel the subscription and pay a dime.

• MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can watch it on the WatchESPN app as long as your cable/satellite provider is on the list.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go here if you have Comcast
    https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/live-tv-streaming/

Other providers have different but similar instructions.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Thanks guys! All good ideas so far. I have Direct TV and they have a streaming app for a cost as does Sling. Both offer free trials, so that might work. Hopefully the hotel may carry it or a local bar, but I prefer the hotel because I do enjoy my game time cocktails yelling "GOOOOOO DAWGS!! SIC 'EM..WOOF, WOOF, WOOF!!!"

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:
    You can watch it on the WatchESPN app as long as your cable/satellite provider is on the list.

This^^^^^it will cover SEC network, ESPN networks and the alternates as well.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WatchESPN app....

• ArmyDawg86ArmyDawg86 Posts: 15 ✭✭ Sophomore

I have Directv and I watch SEC Network games on my phone/iPad all the time. You just have to log onto the site using your Directv sign-on information so that they can verify you are a paying customer of the provider.

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be safe, I would setup the verification before you leave. Many streaming accounts require activation.

Go for a free app/account like ESPNWatch or SEC Network.

Not need for trials and bother with cancellation.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Thanks so much guys!!