Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

A Few Good Men: Georgia struck gold with 3 pivotal transfers

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageA Few Good Men: Georgia struck gold with 3 pivotal transfers

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart knew he had gaps to fill when four underclassmen declared themselves eligible for the 2019 draft, and the Bulldogs have seen three transfers step up

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

These young men have really contributed to our success this year and their play shows recruits, and other transfers, that they will get the playing time their work earns at UGA. Hard work at practices equals game playing time here.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Deriq King, anyone? I think Jalen Hurts and/or Justin "his name shall not be spoken" Fields will wind up in the title game this year. One of these days, my blessed Dawgs will grasp that you need a true athlete at the QB position these days on the college level. I understand hanging in there with Fromm, but at this rate, this OL will not give him the time needed to get over the hump. After that, Carson Beck? More of the same to me.

That Caleb Williams guy is interesting for 2021, but it is either another year of Jake (8 yd scrambles at best) or some new flat footed guy that will produce a Top 10 finish. CKS could very well look like Richt in about 4 or 5 years if not careful.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes indeed, all 3 have been great additions to our team. I’m also expecting Woerner to explode soon.....kinda like he did in the Rose Bowl before getting injured.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

"you need a true athlete at the QB position these days on the college level." - RealityBasedDawgFan

Lol Jake Fromm is not a true athlete? Had he not declared his intention to play college football, he would have been drafted by MLB, after being one of the best high school baseball player in the country. Now, either in this upcoming NFL draft or the next (his choice) he will be picked in the 1st round. I'm pretty sure a guy with Jake Fromm's options would be considered a world-class athlete.

So what do you mean by "true athlete?"

• Options
    iowadawgiowadawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

iowadawg here - you should mention the long snapper who transferred from Mercer. The position is so little talked about that I honestly can't remember his name. But long snaps are crucial to special teams.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Fromm mentioned over the summer that his goal was to work at becoming a better scrambler, runner, etc. or something close. I am sure he even recognizes that aspect of his game. Thing is, I have no criticism of Fromm and even stated I understand the choice to remain with him. But the truth still remains that he is not that type of athletic QB which presents a threat to defenses and break them down with his legs. College football is so competitive that teams need whatever edge they can muster. Hurts, Fields, Tua, Lawrence, even Nix present problems for opposing DB/LBs on a slightly greater level. My fear is that the UGA offensive line will not give Fromm ample time/space to operate, but I hope I am wrong in that sense.