Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Assessing Dawgs’ performance so far, and the fans’ game day experience

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageAssessing Dawgs’ performance so far, and the fans’ game day experience

A look at the first third of the season, and what gets a thumbs-up or thumbs-down at Sanford Stadium.

Read the full story here

Comments

• LuvsDawgsLuvsDawgs Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

As far as the Notre Dame game experience, mine was great. I think the key is timing. Got in the stadium gate about 50 minutes before kickoff with NO problem. Concession stand was a breeze. At the end of the game, I had time to scrounge some extra cups, go to the bathroom, and head out to the car with no delays...in fact, I was able to pull out of the lot and on the road with NO traffic issues.

Now...I’ve heard this comment before about Fromm and our coaches....”the coaching staff hasn’t really let him cut loose much.”. I understand what that means, but, just curious, how do people come up with this? What is it about his playing indicates he’s being held back?

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My Notre Dame game experience was great as well. I use a pay lot off Broad St, and it always takes 45-60 minutes just to get out of the lot, and onto Broad St after the game. They had a traffic Officer at the intersection this time, and we were out in only 15-20. Also, I had an easier time getting into and out of Athens than many other games, that despite the thousands of extra tailgaters in town.

I'm actually encouraged by Coley's offense. Especially since the production is up from last year, and despite the lack of experience at receiver. Although, I think Notre Dame had seen every play on tape. Let's see a few toss sweeps to get to the outside, and bring some new plays to the games against the best teams.

The defense may well be the best in the SEC. Let's get these boys healthy, and take UT seriously and give them the whipping like the better team should. GO Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It makes sense that it would take a long time to get out of the stadium and fans with tickets were turned away because others were in their seats with fake tickets. After all, this is the first game in Sanford Stadium. Someone should lose his/her job for things like this. Get it right, right now! I greatly dislike incompetence.

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Special teams outside of Hot Rod is definitely a liability at this point.. Offensively WR will be fine, but the OLine has to get some cohesion and get angry and play angry. There is absolutely no way we should not be able to get a 3rd and 1 or a 4th and 1 on anybody.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Special Teams definitely needs to be addressed. That fumble and those weak punts will cost you the game. Period. We can't do that again.

The OLine has been somewhat disappointing. Fromm really did an amazing job on the run, waiting to the last second to pass, etc and that's something he wasn't expected to have to do. I have zero doubts that Fields would've been sacked numerous times in that situation.

So, it really comes down to the "stacked" issue. If the other team is stacking the box, you MUST change the play and pass. That's been our problem in the past when Chubb couldn't get any running room because the D knew it was a running play. Lets put it this way: you know Saban would punish you for stacking the box. He'll get an easy 50 yard pass play if you try that crap with him. You can't run against good teams if they are prepared for you to run. You need them to back off or you are going to lose. Period.

• Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's concerning that Coley, like Chaney, has a tendency to "outsmart himself".

UGA has two passing plays: 1) WR screens and 2) back-shoulder throws on the sideline. Nothing else exists for our playcallers.

Why are we so resistant and hesitant to run routes in the middle of the field?!?