Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers from Week 5 bye

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers from Week 5 bye

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers from the bye week Winner: Georgia's win over Notre Dame Going forward,

Read the full story here

Comments

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure what your second point was-- Those rooting against Justin Fields, in the Loser category?? You went on to say a number of things in the paragraph, but not why those things make Justin Fields haters, losers. I'd actually make a case that Justin Fields doing well is good for the Jake Fromm lovers, using the same logic you did in the prior section on Notre Dame doing well makes Georgia look better. In fact, Jacob Eason is off to a solid start, as well... and both of those guys doing well makes the case for Jake being even better because he beat both their tails over extended, head-to-head competition, so must be the better overall package. But frankly, I don't care... my parents taught me not to worry about the other guys, worry about yourself. Go Dawgs! Go Jake!

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't watched Fields play at all, but I think based on what I've seen, it's more of a "compatibility" issue. We have very specific and somewhat unusual needs for our QB. We've never been a team to line up every receiver possible and go for 40+ yard passes all day long. We've also never been a team to let a running QB do what a running QB does. We never would've been able to use a Tebow (thank god) and I think Fields didn't fit in to what we needed.

The reality is that both he and (maybe) Eason chose poorly. I'm realizing now that even if he had stayed and Fromm left after this year, he wouldn't have been as successful at Georgia compared to Ohio State. While I accept that he is where he needs to be, that doesn't change how the situation played out. He only gave us one season; he basically called us a racist school; he came the poster child for the BS that is the NCAA and their unfairness with Transfers.

None of that matters though. What matters is this. Fromm is the ideal player for OUR TEAM: he fits with precisely with what we need and he does a darn good job at it. No matter who we get to replace him, we will miss him when he leaves.

Anyway, LOL to Clemson and maybe that'll get some haters off our back for some of our earlier games when we didn't dominate.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giving the game to Auburn are you?

Fields has not been tested by a strong, fast, athletic defense well executing multiple formations and shifts, capable of putting pressure on him. His receivers have been wide wide wide open. He's had forever to throw. Yet, you're anointing him? No Georgia fan I know of hates him, but some of us are waiting to see how he performs against a capable, stout, talented, highly ranked defense.

This article is not up to your usual standards.

Go, Dawgs!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields shouldn't be eligible this year. He skirted the rules. I don't pull for that.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Exactly! I don't hate anybody, I just don't pull for someone who wanted to showboat, and then became a cry baby when he didn't get his way.

He still hasn't had to read a tough defense, or have his receivers covered by SEC D'men...maybe he took the last 9 months to really work on that, but my take is he came to UGA thinking he was going to take Fromm's job without any problems, found it wasn't so easy, and took his ball somewhere else, all the while putting us in a funk (yes, I believe it created something in the locker room that was distracting to the whole team).

I guess we'll find out some this weekend, and in another two weeks when Ohio State plays Wisconsin...their D looks good for Big 10 standards.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

Dr. Wallace, if I remember correctly, I agree with your post, but I'm getting worried about Auburn too.

Maybe Texas A&M isn't the team people thought they were, but Auburn went to College Station and won.

Nix is improving every game, and really poured it on against Ole Miss.

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I hope Florida beats Auburn in The Swamp.

I'm increasingly concerned about the Florida game, too, but I still think we have too much depth for them, but the game has to be played.

Plus, Auburn has to play LSU, and I'm not sure who I want to win that (I guess if Florida beats LSU, I'll be pulling for Auburn). Both teams still have to go through Alabama.

For this week, I'm hoping UGA makes our shutout of Tennessee in 2017 look like an exhibition game. I hope we hang 50 on them.

• chillinnchillinn Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

Do you guys realize the potential for a Doomsday Scenario in the SEC West? Say Bama beats Auburn, Auburn beats LSU, and LSU beats Bama ??? Intriguing, ehh?????

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have no ill will toward Fields. He made a poor initial choice, and then made a very good choice. I've watched him play at OSU and he fits that offense perfectly. He absolutely has an NFL arm, and plenty of wheels. I still haven't seen him progress past a second option before running, but his opponents so far haven't given OSU much reason to be concerned. I agree that Wisconsin will likely be his first, and maybe only, test before the B1G championship game. They look playoff-bound to me, and I'd probably have them and LSU both in my top 4, at least right now, as both have played very good defense even to the second and third strings. I know the competition hasn't been keen, but they've done what their fans have expected. Hope our Dawgs can rise to our expectations as well. Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lord, please allow the Ohio State University and University of Georgia to meet in the playoffs! Amen

Playing against air, Fields has not had to do much more than throw and run. Kirby and the Dawgs D would actually require him to be a quarterback. Advantage UGA...B1G time!