Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

'Beat-up' Georgia football team heavy favorite over Tennessee in Knoxville

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

image'Beat-up' Georgia football team heavy favorite over Tennessee in Knoxville

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart says the Bulldogs are a 'beat up' football team right now, but they are still a heavy favorite over Tennessee

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Historically, I'd saw it's one of two scenarios. 1) We play hard and to our best, keep their passing game to a minimum and absolutely blow them out of the water. 2) We wind up like Clemson this week: enough said.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So far so good, with James Coley as the new OC. Georgia is already ahead of last years offensive output. With so many receivers who came in with little to no experience, I say, that's a positive trajectory.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, why'd you have to say that? I'm already worried enough about what I saw yesterday from Auburn, Alabama, etc.

Kirby has got to turn our offense loose.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - this week of pre-game hype and hysteria will be awesome! You have UTn's problems coupled with the immense familiarity they have with our personnel makes for great drama. We need to crush them with style points in order to stay relevant in the media's eyes so we can't screw this up . I can't wait to see what happens.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I seriously hope we show Chaney that he doesn't know this team at all. I'd love to see Pruitt yelling in the headset to him.

My guess is Tennessee's first play from scrimmage will be a run up the middle.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I’m surprised the line is that low. I thought it would be closer to 28. I’m with you guys. I really hope Kirby lets more of his offense loose.

• Cmills1980Cmills1980 Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

Idc what anybody says. U better take this game serious. So whatever is working thats what you do. Passing or running, doesnt matter as long as its working. Special teams better shine or we are in trouble. Go Dawgs!

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So far, we've gotten a lot more out of Eli than ut has gotten out of Chaney. I think that swap was a big upgrade for us. I think we win comfortably.

• Billy21Billy21 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2019

Pivotal Bye Week Predictions

1.) I expect the defensive line to show significant signs of improvement leading into Mid-October which will continue to carry through November.

2.) Fromm, Coley, and Kirby have a "come to Jesus" meeting regarding the passing game and how important it is to spread the field to not only use the WRs & TEs more effectively, but to also open up the run game which will be consisted of wearing down the defense as most of them try to find someone to hit.... which is dangerous when a RB has that mentality.

3.) LB unit steps up and and finds ways to get a hand on the QB and start putting fear in them rather than just applying pressure. Georgia will lead the way in scoring defense.

4.) Camarda flips a switch and is perfect for the remainder of the season.

I predict that there is going to be a change for the better as most of them should have seen that they belong at the top. They have some adversity to deal with on the horizon, but I believe they can pass the test and make this season one to remember forever in college football history.

12-0