Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Finebaum: Clemson is 'not better than Georgia'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageFinebaum: Clemson is 'not better than Georgia'

Paul Finebaum’s job is to make brash opinions and stir up things. The SEC Network personality appeared on ESPN Sports Center on Sunday, and got some Clemson fans to melt down with this statement, among other things: “… You can look around and match (Clemson) up against Georgia. No, they’re not better than Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It shows that almost any team with decent talent can play against anybody with enough preparation, especially if the other team isn't pumped to play.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

18-22 year old males living in 2019

• davidcrispdavidcrisp Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I agree with Finebaum's analysis. Clemson is still good, but they seem suspect in a couple of areas and their competition has been lackluster at best. One team that he didn't mention is Auburn. They look scary good this year, but I believe we can handle them.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have to agree, to one extent. One game, yeah we're better than them. But I know that's the one game they needed to wake up(Syracuse 2018). If we had played them for the national championship this past Saturday, yeah we would've won. But there's 3/4 of a season left to go and alot of time to get everyone going. Hopefully we wake up from our Notre dame close win, much like we did in 2017. Go Dawgs.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Finebaum just needs to go back to Alabama radio. He is unwatchable on ESPN.

• AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

Clemson is more like the #8 team right now. OSU, Bama, UGA, Wisconsin, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Clemson is how I'd have it.

• CTBigDawgCTBigDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Still too early to tell which team is better as they have 7 or 8 games left to play in the regular season. Plus if they win their respective subdivisions of their conferences then they would play for their conferences' championship and if they win then they may be selected to play in the college football playoffs and then might play each other and then and only then would we know for sure which is the better team. But I do like Georgia's chances as history has shown that Georgia has dominated Clemson in the series as Georgia leads all time 44-18-4. Go Dawgs

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia must first and foremost worry about only GEORGIA. Media personality Paul Finebaum can say whatever he wants to, in order to drive his ratings up, and get more listeners to tune in to his show. Any fan of Georgia, KNOWS that Georgia has some serious "in season" growing up to do, that it must do in order to climb up that mountain, and get to where they want to get to. GO DAWGS!!!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Opinions are like butts, everyone has one. The truth is that UGA and Clemson are close enough that on any day one might have an equal chance to beat the other. Each of the current top five are capable of winning the Natty this year. That is my opinion.