Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is not on the coach. The AD stepped in because of the discipline. He didn't want Zach removed from the team. He wanted to see how the kid reacted to a 3 game suspension.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SoFL_Karnac - I'm immune from your chum and will give you nothing.

Over the last 23 years I've followed online recruiting and seen your type come and go. Like all good snake oil salesmen you give the hungry masses just enough bread to hold them in suspense and they defend you with the same mob mentality I would expect. A tip of the cap for reeling them in, those hedges are a thing of beauty.

FWIW, I rarely read your posts, but if you'd like I'll be happy to start parsing them. I don't think you'd like that very much - your following might get a wee bit smaller.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some folks just like to dig their own grave

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

texdawg I know I may be coming at this from a different perspective. I did raise two boys to be good men and coached soccer for a little while. I know that you need to know when one of the kids look's like they are going to lose it and talk them off the cliff. I have seen too many cases when instead gas is thrown on the fire.

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The classic,” it’s not me, it’s everyone of your sheep followers” lines. You’re really doing the lord’s work exposing the corruption of supposed “insiders”.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well SoFL DID say "if we can flip Bresee, we could flip Bowman". and he also said there's some names that he knows has potential to be a big-name-Kirby-flip-special. Hmmm.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

But you are assuming what did/didn't go down. There have been kids who just flew off the handle and did something rash, even while someone was attempting to talk them off the ledge. Blaming the coaches without details is lazy at best.

• Options
    VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Evans did in fact want to commit to UGA recently and was told to hold off until he took care of his personal issues, do you think that will have a negative affect on him signing with UGA? Or could it be looked at as more of a positive, in that we are more concerned about Z Evans the person, first, and football player 2nd?

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that is what I was trying to say maybe not well. I Just am not ready to write off a kid because of a dumb mistake. I also think It is understandable that a kid who has preformed at a high level would be unhappy at not playing when his team is getting beaten. I would not want a kid that did not care. So I would be very careful around him at that time.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't really know that answer. I'll add that although I'm very familiar with the situation (the incidents) and a little about how he is doing since - I rely on @SoFL_Dawg information concerning his recruitment because I just don't really

I feel that if Zach doesn't sign with Georgia it was a staff decision.

I'm sure that Kirby and company are concerned with Zach and want him to make better choices - but I think they are very concerned with their locker room.

A&M does not have the luxury that Georgia has. Georgia could certainly use Zach but they don't have to have him. A&M really can't afford to lose Zach and will probably be more lenient.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

A kid being upset about not getting touches should not go after a coach. Ever. Period.

This discussion has been closed.