Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nick Chubb races 88 yards for longest NFL touchdown run of season

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageNick Chubb races 88 yards for longest NFL touchdown run of season

Nick Chubb didn’t have 5-star speed coming out of high school, which is why Chubb one of the reasons Chubb was rated as consensus 4-star prospect when he signed with UGA. But the pro-Chubb crowd would always say: Forget the stopwatch, because Chubb always ran fast enough to never get caught behind. Chubb showed off

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all knew what he could do.. Hope the Cleveland fans are enjoying watching Chubb as much as I do..GoDAWGS!

• Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

MC....Nic Chubb was a trackbstar in high school.....do your home work.

• EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

10.69 speed in the 100 meters. I’d say that is pretty fast:

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In fact, to the left of Chubb in that pre 100 meters photo is none other than Eric Stokes, one of the fastest players currently on our roster. Chubb did indeed have 5 star speed coming to UGA. He wasn't rated a 5 star only because those that rate players are fairly frequently wrong by a star or two. Chubb is a 6 star Dawg in my book. Thanks for reporting. It's always good to hear about the success of our Dawgs in the NFL!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BTW, after review of that video...he was pitched the ball on the five yard line. I know technically they count it at the line of scrimmage but that was literally a 95 yard TD run.

• @Jaylittle23 Thanks for your post. I covered Nick Chubb's recruiting in great detail out of high school. Yes, he was on the track team and, yes, he made it to the state meet. But he was never considered to be a "speed guy." He turned in some average 40 times at some football camps, and that was one of the things that hurt him in the rankings. To me, he was a 5-star running back if I had ever seen one, and I wrote just that in an opinion piece for the AJC. I rarely wrote opinion pieces, but I just felt he was something special. Whatever his 40 was, Nick never was caught from behind.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 178 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

MC....doubling down when you disprove your own point seems illogical.. Do you have any idea how fast you have to be to make it to a championship high school track meet in the State of Georgia? Just admit it and move on....no need to show total ignorance. BTW....Chubb had one of the highest SPARQ ratings ever recorded so how does that happen without recording a fast 40 time....once again half baked thought.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good post. I understand what you mean about Chubb's pre-UGA speed, Michael Carvell. He wasn't considered a breakaway threat then, but was considered more of a power runner, although he was never caught from behind that I recall. Anyway, that tried and true toss sweep that he scored on would work perfectly for the Dawgs now, in my humble opinion. Pitching that ball back to Swift, or Herrien or White with a hole and a head of steam, Lord have mercy! Hope we try it some time soon. Go Dawgs!