Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football report card: Bulldogs respond to road deficit, top Tennessee 43-14

SystemSystem Posts: 10,524 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card: Bulldogs respond to road deficit, top Tennessee 43-14

Georgia football was tested at Tennessee on Saturday night, falling behind 14-10 before scoring 33 unanswered points for a convincing victory

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Richard LeCounte is a disappiontment to me, he has been caught flat footed several times back there, I wonder why DC Lanning is not playing Otis Reese or Lewis Cine more?

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall great win, but we won because of depth. A tougher team would've potentially beat us. Great OL and Fromm was amazing as always. Our Pass Defense though... it seemed like they were making every pass play. This is seeming like a trend. We stop the run, but if there's a great QBs and receivers, I fear we will be in trouble.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Georgia beat Tennessee in Knoxville at night by almost 40 points. How can that not be graded an A?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I mostly agree with the grades. You didn't include 'Coaching' which I would give a B+. We finally started letting Fromm throw more downfield passes and opened up things a bit more. I was glad to see that. Our pass protection was adequate. I would have given the Defensive Secondary a C+. LeCounte got burned for a touchdown, and in the 1st half the Vols were passing at will. I would have loved to have seen a bit more defensive 'Havoc' in the 1st half, but we improved on that in Q3 & 4.

We finally tightened things up in the 2nd half. Our penalties, once again, were killers and mostly unnecessary. Tackling was pretty good but could have been better.

Fromm looked excellent. Our Achilles heel may be our Defense - specifically our secondary. IF we make it to the SEC Championship we will probably face either Bama or LSU - both teams who can annihilate you through the air. Our secondary needs to improve.

Bring on the Gamecocks! GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be more precise it was by 29 (closer to 30). It was a good win but things will still need to be cleaned up and fixed if we are want win the SECCG. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

My observations, some may not like it but my eyes have seen:

JR Reed again had poor tackling. Honestly, he is a great player but his missed tackles and poor tackling needs to get corrected, yesterday. How can you be an elite safety, an upperclassman and still have such poor tackling. He is almost always in the right place but his tackling is some of the worst I have seen at times.

Zeus is amazing. I cannot wait to see him in a game with significant touches. I understand why CKS is slow rolling him though.

This O-Line needs to start getting that 4th and 1 before I will get on that hype train. Why can we not scheme to get the fourth and short. This too must be corrected soon.

Camarda looked better but still had a costly shank (no it wasn't the wind).

Rodrigo is straight MONEY. If that kid were stock I would buy at any price. Same can be said for Fromm. The best adjective to describe those two is unflappable.

The DLine did pretty well in the absence of Big JD. That is very promising. Get well Jordan!

Tennessee has zero depth. If they had the kind of depth we have, we may have been in trouble in this game.

There were a few bad calls in this game. Wanyay Morris absolutely targeted D Wyatt on the one play. We also got away with pass interference twice.

I would give this team a B+ overall and feel this was our most complete game.

This team is special folks. Enjoy the ride!!!!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You speak the truth. CKS sees what we see but he places more value in experience than potential at this point in the season. If Reese, Lecounte and Cine were in the same class, Lecounte would be a second or third string. I just hope Lecounte's mistakes don't cost us a championship like the blown coverage did in 2017!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"This O-Line needs to start getting that 4th and 1 before I will get on that hype train. Why can we not scheme to get the fourth and short. This too must be corrected soon."

By my unofficial count (just thinking back on it the day after), 4 times the offense needed a yard, and converted on 3 of them.

• Options
    Smerck19Smerck19 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Love my Dawgs! Fromm looks great! May need to try backup punter!

• Options
    Smerck19Smerck19 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman