Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Homegrown: Why Brian Herrien personifies the Georgia Bulldog spirt

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageHomegrown: Why Brian Herrien personifies the Georgia Bulldog spirt

The latest DawgNation "Homegrown" special feature is on Douglas County native Brian Herrien. His rise to being a featured back at UGA this fall is one of the feel-good stories this year in Athens.

Read the full story here

Comments

• FlallnaturalFlallnatural Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Brian Herrien is a DGD. I wish him the best success in life

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those who are interested does what is convenient. Those who are committed does whatever it takes. Brian is committed!

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Herrien is average at best and if he wasn't a coaches pet he would never see the field based on talent alone

Anyone really think in the deepest most hidden areas feel Herrien compares in talent with Zeus or Cook?

Given the chances Zeus would prove much better in short yardage ….. Cook is much better out the backfield catching passes ….. Every touch Herrien gets steals a chance for a big play

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When you speak of "pets" you are confusing Kirby with "I don't play freshmen running backs" Mark Richt. Moreno was wasted on the scout team his freshman season even though he was by far the best RB on the roster. Richt said so himself when he gave glowing reports of "the kid on the scout team." If you know anything about Smart, he plays the players that give the Dawgs the best chance to win! I'm damned proud that Brian is being rewarded for his hard work!

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You gotta love Herrien! Stories like his are proof that ratings can't measure what someone can do when motivated to succeed. Herrien is the type of Dawg who will be a star regardless of whether he plays a down in the NFL or not.

• JDWalkerJDWalker Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Over the years (since the 70's) I look for that one back who runs angry; angry his team is behind; angry the opposing team's defense is stopping the Dawgs. Whenever Herrien gets the ball he shows every other back, every receiver, every lineman how to hit back; how to win. Brian Herrian you set the tone, young man. UGA fields a better team because you're on it. DGD and then some....

• BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Man, that kid has so much heart. Maybe he wasn't born with the prototypical running back body but he sure overcomes it with practice and determination. He's definitely my favorite DGD!!!