Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dawgnation.com website update (Attention website mods/designers)

UGAdawg2006UGAdawg2006 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand that the website is constantly trying to improve its look and ability to move people from one story to the next, but with the new update it's unnecessarily hard to get down to the comment section below the posted story. Just an opinion from someone that visits the site daily and enjoys reading the comment section to each story.

Also of note along the same vein, is there a plan to adding the comment section back to the dawgnation apps?

Sorry if this sounds over critical, but again just some suggestions for a website I truly enjoy.

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been wanting to post something about this for a while .... it is getting redonklious.......

• UGAdawg2006UGAdawg2006 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

After browsing around the website today, I think the current problem is a website glitch and not intentional. Something is going on where the add/article generator keeps making new suggestions if you are scrolling down and hitting a certain place on the webpage. I hope that this is a glitch and it is suppose to just do one group of suggestions. Either way hope this changes, it's bad on a pc but even worse when browsing on my iphone.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand that the ads help pay for all this and they may not have much say where those can go. However, if we could move the old archived posts and related posts below the comments that would help significantly.

• Ga_Lake_ManGa_Lake_Man Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Completely agree, I thought for a bit that I had some type of adware/malware crap on my PC for a bit, reset all browsers to default and then noticed same mess on my phone. Not good Dawgnation. Competely understand that you need to monetize the site to support the great content.... but do we really need to go through all of these "suggestions" about wait I need to watch and extra click on ads.

• Kelli_GrizzardKelli_Grizzard Posts: 17 admin

thanks for letting us know. this was not intentional and has been corrected.

• UGAdawg2006UGAdawg2006 Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Kelli_Grizzard said:

Thanks for the response Kelli, but it's still near impossible for me to reach the comment section of an article using my iPhone. Havent had a chance to check on PC.

• DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I don't think it's fixed.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kelli_Grizzard said:

Ummm...nope. Not working on my iPad. And just one other comment--the ads are click bait and I will always ignore such ads.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2017

@Kelli_Grizzard said:

I don’t need specifics but any relation to Lewis?

If I am out of line, forgive me and ignore my query.

• Kelli_GrizzardKelli_Grizzard Posts: 17 admin

@Reeldawg .... Yes, i married a Grizzard. My father in law's grandfather and lewis's grandfather were brothers.