Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm takes responsibility for loss to South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 11,084 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Georgia QB Jake Fromm takes responsibility for loss to South Carolina

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm says it's his job to take care of the football and took the blame, even though receiver mistakes had something to do with all three interceptions

Read the full story here

Comments

• Gooddog69Gooddog69 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 149 ✭✭✭ Junior

Classy kid, he we shoulder more blame than his head coach.

• GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

This loss was not on Fromm. It was on the coaches for not making adjustments when our much heralded OL was not winning the LOS.

• Gooddog69Gooddog69 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Georgia.... as a program needs to learn to play hard and play with heart. This was just a bunch of 5 stars reading the press clippings and showing up....that’s not going to win a Championship and may not win the East.

• SaltWaterDawgSaltWaterDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I'm sure that the coaches appreciate Fromm taking the blame but, really, most of the blame (like 90%) should go to the coaches. Play selection was a disaster. How is it that our huge O-line can't pass protect OR create holes for running backs? How is it that the coaches couldn't make adjustments--- at least at halftime?

This game was more embarrassing that surprising.

• AMIDawgMarkMAMIDawgMarkM Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

The coaching was poor, but Fromm deserves much of the blame. Pick 6 was his fault. Fumbled snap was his fault. Missing a wide open Swift over the middle at crunch time was his fault.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought that at first, but there was no way to stop the clock if Swift didnt score.

• plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not all Fromm: Everyone we face from now on will put 6 -8 in the box and play man on our receivers until we beat them consistently just to stop our running game. OK, receiver coach, C. Hankton. 1. Make sure they are on correct page. 2) Better route running. 3) Play the guys that get it right.....O.C. Foley 1) need schemes that put our receivers in position to move the chains when the pressure is on the QB,,,DUH,,,,not thank goodness jet sweeps that lose yards, and not running in the center of a stacked line......We have the most massive line in the country, let them loose to make holes for our running game, instead of trying to disguise what we are doing....Let them use brute force and ram it down their throats..

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I laugh at the comments about play calling. The OL was going against a stacked box all day. The receivers were in one-on-one coverage all day and should have feasted, but instead did not get separation, forced Fromm to throw into ridiculously small windws, ran wrong routes, and turned a pass in the hands into an int. By definition a 50/50 ball has a 50% chance of going the other way. Hankton is the one who needs to explain why through six games his receivers are no better than in fall camp.

• RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ Junior

These groups are more responsible for the loss than Fromm. First, the coaching staff. Horrible game plan and play calls. Second, the offensive line. It's hard to complete passes when you don't have time. With the QB center exchange the center is just as responsible to get Fromm the ball as Fromm is handling it. It certainly did help matters that Hill was on roller skates most of the game either. Many running plays were blow up because of him. Yet the coaches kept calling the same plays. Third, the WR's. No separation from the DB's, Landers turned inward on the back shoulder pass that was intercepted. Simmons was onsides but couldn't catch a pass that hit him right in the hands.

No excuses for this loss. The challenge for the rest of the year is to prove this wasn't a program defining loss the way the Alabama blackout game was.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bad game thats all. Yall either with the Dawgs or against the Dawgs.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unfortunately, this was probably very costly for Fromm in terms of his future career. I'd imagine his odds on Heisman tanked after this game. It was bad enough that he might actually consider coming back next year.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Please, give me a break, Fromm. Same old excuses we hear so often. Just leaves me cold. You lost. They won. You have no choice but to improve or you will lose again and again. There is just no spirit in the team right now. Flat. Will Fields be saying the same thing with OSU? I think not. That was the REAL loss. But that is also spilt milk as they say. We have Fromm for this year and then he's gone. Then what? Too late to get into it. There is so much wrong with UGA I'm kind of boggled. You guys figure it all out and write about it. LOL

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

This actually makes it worse for UGA. That means they will have a limited mobility statuesque QB for another year. When Kirby got Justin Fields to come to Athens, I thought he was the brave soul that would finally break the strangehold that my home state university held on keeping traditional pocket passers, but after I witnessed the way he allowed Chaney to use him last year, I knew I was wrong. I like Kirby the person, the recruiter, but Kirby the Coach is eerily reminiscent of Richt, while Fromm is another Erin Murray 2.0

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I attribute this failure to the coaches. The wheels fell off today, but the axles have been rattling all season long. Our game plan and offensive philosophy is a bitter, disappointing failure.

James Coley isn't the right man for the job and Kirby Smart made a big mistake giving him the offense. Unfortunately, you can't make the changes Georgia needs to make in the middle of a season. You can't overhaul a car's engine in the middle of a race. And make no mistake our offense needs an overhaul. We have the talent, so hopefully Smart and crew can salvage something out of this season after which he needs to fire Coley find a great replacement, and overhaul the offense in the off season.

Our offensive line is NOT a wall, our running backs aren't the greatest, and Fromm isn't the best quarterback in the nation. Justin Fields has more talent and capabilities, and he's proved it with Ohio. Fromm is a very good quarterback and leader, but he's not great he needs an aggressive successful running game to win. James Coley's game plan and philosophy of playing not to lose is an utter failure. It makes the whole team look awful.

This is not a rebuilding year, this is Smart's fourth year as head coach, and he was supposed to have everything he needs to compete for a national championship. Kirby is at a crossroad. Either he steps up and makes the tough changes that must be made, or he settles for good enough like Mark Richt. I don't think there is a fan alive that wants to settle for good enough. They want the Bulldogs to be great.