Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Finebaum predicts what Kirby Smart will tell the team this week

SystemSystem Posts: 11,157 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFinebaum predicts what Kirby Smart will tell the team this week

Nobody is making excuses for UGA: The loss to unranked South Carolina at home was the college football’s biggest upset of the year, and embarrassing to the Bulldogs program. Even SEC Network personality Paul Finebaum didn’t sugarcoat that in his appearance on ESPN’s SportsCenter on Sunday. “Georgia just absolutely

Read the full story here

Comments

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Bulldogs are still in the drivers seat. This was their mulligan. I think they'll use it wisely. I have faith in this coach and this team.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I finally agree with Finebaum.. But it'll be a tough row to hoe if the DAWGS hope to finish strong. If they had an easier schedule, I wouldn't be too worried, but there's not 1 team left on the schedule that can't do the same thing to UGA that Carolina just did. With that being said, i'll still be cheering on the DAWGS as I have in the past, win or lose..GoDAWGS!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now that that’s over. Spit the rat poison out of your mouth and hit somebody!

Kirby, please win or lose place this on jakes shoulders, not just 3rd and 6 but give him 1,2, and 3rd. Let him read the defense and go. He’s the smartest player on the field, not athletic as others or talented but extremely smart. Let him use that. Also for the Love of all things please run a toss sweep!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

I'd say team, this is on me. We preached doing more and I didn't do more for you. Team I've been stubborn, stubborn because I thought we could just out man everyone on our schedule instead of trying to figure out ways to get the ball to our playmakers. That's my fault guys. But moving forward we will develop a passing scheme we can depend on. No more ,5 yard hitches and reverses. We are going to try to blow everyone out from this point on no more conservative play calling. and just because you're a 5th year senior doesn't mean that you deserve to start over some of these young talented guys so from here on out everybody's going to have to put up or shut up because I'm going to start doing more. Again guys this one's on me. This season isn't over but we have no room for error our backs are against the wall and we're going to fight all the way to the national championship.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Smart has any honesty at all he will apologize to the players for a coaching staff that resembles the Ray Goff era. Kirby and his staff got taken to school by Muschamp. Let that sink in

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

150 mil in facilities upgrades. Highest recruiting budget in college football. And he walks down the hall and goes cheap for a OC. Not his specialty. Hire the best Kirby. Are you insecure?

• SteelerDawgSteelerDawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beat Kentucky. Develop a balanced offense plan to attack Florida the way LSU did last night. Beat them. The rest is rat poison as they say.

• ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 182 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would seem that the people hesitant about UGA's ranking to date have been validated, as much as that is actually possible.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First I would walk up to Fromm and tell him that this playcalling was too conservative with an NFL OL, elite running backs, and top tier receivers. Tell the defense they worked their tails off despite a few miscues. Get after the safeties lecounte and Reed. Terrible spots in coverage a good portion of the game. They ate us alive on slants. Then walk out and hire a new OC or really start looking for one, looks like we're rolling back to the Chaney playcalls. There's no reason all this size and experience on offensive line and we're getting pushed around like high school kids against the pros, especially when South Carolina D-lineman were mostly passed over by uga. Except for sandidge, that still hurts. And on the flip side, I hope they never invite that worthless muschamp back for anything uga related(reunion, coaching, etc..). To play between the hedges and rip from the hedges, absolutely disrespectful. Yeah they won, but that's trash in my book.

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't really care what anybody says to whomever. There's been too much talk already. Shut up and play. And quit reading blogs and tweets! Obviously, you ain't all that and a bag of chips. Let's go! Smack somebody! Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA is going to suffer badly as recruits will now decommit or not commit period. The grass is definitely greener elsewhere at this juncture.

This loss was intolerable...! Just when you think...think ...UGA is on a slight roll...Smart and UGA (way over-rated) pull this **** and lose to a three loss team????? As poorly a played game of NCAA football as has ever been played....that I know of....fumbles, no offense, missed kicks, penalities, poor play calling...terrible play calling. How can this come from an elite Alabama national championship defensive coach now occupying the BIG chair at UGA? How? He is a line defensive coach, not a head coach like his former boss Nick Saban, one of NCAA's all-time top collegiate team leaders.....Smart lost last two games last year and is losing again already this year...to a tough but unranked team. Does not bode well for UGA's football future. Richt II.

There is only one way and that is up. Can we dare to hope KY game outcome will be any different? The coaches remain the same...different outcome? Justin Fields of Ohio State FAME has already taken some shots at his former team UGA. He is so glad he left UGA. Enough.

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hope Kirby tells the team that we are getting a new offensive coordinator. One that has some creativity and ability to change the game plan if it’s not working. You can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a donkey

• MMURPHYMMURPHY Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

I wouldnt say anything to the team.Its the coaches problem we played like this!!! Maybe Kirby should hold a coaches only meeting and lay down the law and he should fix his mistaked as well.

• QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get it. We had Mark Richt as a coach for 15 years. He was a nice guy, showed early promise, and then gave us roughly 10 years of mediocrity. We were the team to beat, a respectable team, with a respectable coach, program, and record. But not a great team. Not an elite team that was going to compete for anything significant. Georgia fans are acting like an abused wife, who just left a bad relationship, got her knight in shinning armor, only to find out that ain't all Rose bowls and championship rings. In college ball s#1t happens from time to time.

Saturday the Bulldogs played like there was a Voodoo spell over the whole team. Maybe there was. The fans seemed listless too. The mood in the stadium wasn't great. But one game does not a season make. It's hard to go undefeated in the SEC, but Coach Smart still has his hands on the wheel, and our kids still have the ability to achieve all the big goals. Does it **** that we lost to South Carolina? Sure it does. Does it mean we doomed? Heck no.

This is college football, upsets happen, that's what makes it fun.

• CherokeeDawg79CherokeeDawg79 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

We can't replay Saturday's game. But, we can control our future! GO DAWGS!!!