Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers after stunning South Carolina defeat

SystemSystem Posts: 10,505 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football winners and losers after stunning South Carolina defeat

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Georgia football winners and losers after South Carolina defeat Loser: The entire Georgia offense: We could make

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah our offense was so predictable. 1st and 2nd down run, 3rd pass. Was a complete and total s*** show from the offense. The commentators could've been DCs for South Carolina. And maybe they're not getting taught the right techniques for separation in practice. Idk. And everybody can bash on this defense if they want. I thought they played great, never got a turn over, but played to keep us in it. Yeah we had a couple miscues, but we were never really out of the game. Conservative playcalling and a NFL OL getting blown up by 3 star recruits all day really makes no sense. Another question I have, why no Herrien all game?

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alright, the time for mourning is over. Unlike the Braves, our season is NOT anywhere close to being "over" yet. All that matters is making it to Atlanta and to do that we need to take one game at a time. We need passion. We need cohesion. We need a variety of well thought out plays. We need to adapt. I'd like to see us shut Kentucky out. Competely. We need to feel some positive energy heading into our bye week before a tough game that is Florida... that we MUST now win.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike Bobo and Derek Mason could be available after this season.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I feel we should go after bobo. The reason Richt enjoyed so much success is because of him. He adapted the offense to the type/skillset of all his players. Smart/Coley want to pound the middle all game. Go back to toss sweeps like stated before. Something outside the realm of the 15 plays we call for 91 plays.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

According to Kirby, Herrien was suffering from back spasms and kept him from playing

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

We need a top notch offensive coordinator. One that has some creativity and has the ability to change the game plan if it’s not working .

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 415 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I doubt if Kirby fixes anything. UGA will go out and boat race Kentucky because KY=Tennessee. Problem solved everyone will say. A one game hiccup. Then on the open date, Kirby will talk about execution and fundamentals, physicality, playing to the standard, doing more, chopping wood, dusting the furniture and all his other coaching cliches. Then about a quarter and a half into the Florida game we'll be saying to ourselves how familiar this all looks. Run, run, pass. Jake under constant pressure. Receivers getting little to no separation. Muschamp and his DC provided the blueprint for every other team Georgia faces to follow. And Kirby and Co. won't adjust a lick. I really hope I'm wrong but I feel like I've seen this movie before.

• Options
    SandyOnTheFlintSandyOnTheFlint Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

The play calling was so P-I-t-I-F-U-L  Saturday I kept expecting the camera to pan over to the GA box and see Jim Chaney sitting up there signaling in plays again! A good part of the time we looked just like the offense Chaney called Smart's first year. My Jack Russell, Rebel, could see the formation back THEN and again Saturday and look and me and just rolls his eyes, cause even he knew it was going to be another run play! We must stop playing to lose. That is a Georgia Tradition that must go away! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

It should be obvious by now that the issues with play calling are with Smart - it's the game plan he's comfortable with. Most defensive minded head coaches think the same way about offence. Smart needs to mature and hire a strong OC who can stand up to him.

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Don't worry, Coley will spend all week coming up with numerous ways to run option draws between the guards on 1st and 2nd down.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

A leopard can't change its spots. Neither Kirby nor Coley will make meaningful changes.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Holy k-rap, some Georgia fans are nihilist. This was one game. Yes, it was painful to watch. Yes, mistakes were made everywhere. Yes, the coaches and team need to learn from it. But, we need to move on. It's not the end of the world.

Go Dawgs

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Coley's offense game plan......IF IT DON'T WORK........DON'T FIX IT !!!!!!!!!

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

YOU and others still harp about the decision to kick the FG against Notre Dame. Had Kirby not done that, Notre Dame could have played for the tie instead of needing a touchdown at t he end. Fans are all for going for it on fourth down until we don’t make it. The decision to try to move closer in was the right decision versus trying a 55 yard field goal on 3rd down. We talk about Fromm’s decision making being so good, but he changed the play too late and didn’t give the receivers time to set the required time.

The offensive game plan is where he may deserve criticism. Georgia is too good to score so few points, but maybe not good enough to overcome four turnovers against an inspired South Carolina team. And talking about inspiration, Georgia was flat. Lastly, running on first and second down nine times has been criticized. Part of Georgia’s strategy has been to wear down inferior teams with the run game and take over the game in the second half. You’ve got to pound it to do that. Even with injuries on the O line, they should have been able to do that.