Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football report card: Bulldogs pass Kentucky wet weather test

SystemSystem Posts: 10,545 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card: Bulldogs pass Kentucky wet weather test

Georgia picked on Kentucky with perimeter runs, but they all but kept the ball out of the air, running 43 times with only 12 pass plays

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

basically agree with all grades, but my expectations for this team have been seriously downgraded, they are a 2nd tier team that can either go up or down during home stretch. If it was my money, it would be down, but my heart is hoping upward.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I thought the performance was mediocre at best. Now that UGA has elite talent, I always compare them to how I think other elite teams would have performed against the same competition. Had OSU, Alabama, OU, Clemson been playing KU, the game would not have been close in my opinion. Who knows which UGA team will show up in Jacksonville - a year where the talent disparity should have made the game a foregone conclusion. Now with UF playing well, and UGA playing average, I'm certainly not going into the game riding high.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense played great but the offensive grades are way too high against what was an overmatched Kentucky team. Fromm a B+??? More like a D- in my book. At this point, I am ready to give Stetson Bennett a try. At least he has some wheels and can escape the pocket. Fromm has got to be the least mobile QB in the SEC. His stat line was 5 rushes for 2 yds. If anything, he is too careful and takes too long in the pocket to decide what to do. If he were still a freshman it would be understandable. Even the completion to Pickens on the fourth down was delivered 3 steps late and we were lucky the d-back didn’t break up the play. He is supposed to be this super smart QB who can change the play at the line. I didn’t see that one time on Saturday. The offense better get it together or we are going to get killed in Jax.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

This game kinda stunk til late third quarter. The same plays called over and over. No push from the OL. then the light came on and Swift got some room to run. Would like to see a bit more Cook and Zeus in the play mix. Maybe even a two back set or two. Our imagination in play calling seems quite limited at best. Go Dawgs

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best talent in the country. Richt-like behavior, coaching them down. Coley needs to get a HC job at FCS school so we can attract a real offensive mind.

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

It was a C- performance. I don't want to hear about this weather excuse.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Post game report card DOES NOT equal the post game mood.

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

I want this guy for my professor. I will never need to study or do anything and I will still get good grades. What game was he watching ???????

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Which game were these grades based on?

• Options
    Gooddog69Gooddog69 Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited October 2019

Mike!!! You have to be kidding! And this is part of the problem w Georgia!!! Everyone looks at them through rose tinted glasses as you have just done!!! Those grades are way to high for everyone except Swift and the D. Even the announcers kept taking about how the Kentucky D line was hanging w “the best O line in the country”...., stop saying that! They are the biggest O line in the country but far from the best!!! Please show me an example of a game where they dominated a real team this year?! One example! Carolina handled them as well as Vandy and Kentucky for 3 quarters....I love the Dawgs and will cheer and support them till the day I die but I’m not going to overlook the reality of what is happening.

5 punts and a turn over on downs to start the game!!! Georgia would have been playing from behind vs ANY other SEC team for the rest of the game!

our offense is inept.... it’s predictable as everyone says and knows, it’s not creative and it’s gonna take more than 2 weeks to fix! Notre Dame has to be scratching their heads wondering how in the world they lost to this team!

After N Dame and Tenn and S Carolina the story is, “ah well Georgia just had a bad day”..... maybe this is just who they are!!!

Everyone on the offense( save for Herrien and Swift) as well as the coaches need to grow a pair and fast!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't argue with the defense's grades.

Offensively, where in the world did Fromm's B+ come from? 35 yards passing is most certainly not "exactly what" any quarterback is supposed to do, let alone a 3-year starter who's supposed to be NFL caliber. If you want to put it on the receivers' not getting open, ok maybe (would have to go back and take a closer look at which was the bigger issue), but then why do they also get a B+? I'm not blind to the youth being a factor, and I think Pickens and Blaylock are showing real promise. But this was quite simply a poor performance from the passing game, and B pluses all around just doesn't add up.

I also think the special teams grade is high. The game started with a muffed kickoff that put the offense inside the 15. While it was encouraging to see Camarda booming it again, he still needs to work on keeping it out of the endzone. One step at a time, I guess; at least it's a sign of progress. Blankenship's touchdown-saving tackle occurred because a big return was given up in the first place. That's a negative, not a positive. More generally, the regularity of fair catches by our guys on punts is becoming an issue. For the most part, it looks like the right decision by the returner, which leads me to believe there need to be some changes to how things are handled upfield - i.e., there must be some systemic issue allowing the opposing players to basically beat the ball to the returner so consistently.

All in all, I'd call this a C performance, maybe C-. I can't say I'm seeing what so many others are apparently seeing in Florida, but being the series that it is, I do think the way the Dawgs play against them will be a strong indicator of what kind of season this will end up being.

• Options
    Jerome1981Jerome1981 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I am so sick of it eventually you’re going to lose a game it happens y’all still drugged up on would happen Against South Carolina.You’re still feeling bad about us not throwing the ball down the field well to receivers I get that. But can anyone give me a game when it’s pouring down raining and you have 15 to 20 mph wind gust that you Would have a 200 yard game don’t worry I’ll wait

• Options
    Jerome1981Jerome1981 Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

One more note to add JF did something that he didn’t do in the LSU game last year and the South Carolina game Last Week he ran forPositive yards when there was nothing in the air just keep that in mind all these so-called dog fans

• Options
    johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

A second tier team that was gifted a win by third tier team. Both overrated and under-achieving.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting how the "Coaching" category was conveniently excluded from these results. This was NOT a B+ performance and everyone will tell you that. I mean, we got 270 yards total. We at least got 468 yards against SC. What that proved to everybody is that ANY team can stop us when they know we are going to run.