Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia's Kirby Smart 'very pleased' with OC James Coley, addresses home fans booing

2»

Comments

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Kirby was pleased with Coley’s play calling , he is an easy man to please

• Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have no problem telling you you’re completely incorrect. Us UGA fans that actually understand the game have seen these issues and pointed them o out since candidates and the cupcakes. We have HUGE ISSUES at receiver and the play calling only sergeant to exacerbate the provlem.

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Game plan for The Gators...they will stack the box and they will play tight man coverage...So, we need quick high percentage passes to our playmakers, ie Swift, running backs et al, Pickens, and tight ends and when a pass is expected run off tackle and sweeps and when necessary encourage Fromm to make safe runs. Defensively pressure/sack Trask & Jones. This is my plan but I'll be the first to admit, I'm no James Coley!

• GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 904 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fans not booing players but play calling. Lack of attack. Playing scared. As a fan sitting in the pouting rain I think I would haave a right to boo when you see this dreadful unimaginative play-calling every game. Anyone see the FLa-South Caroline game? Fla QB passed it pretty well. In the rain. Different kind of rain I reckon.

• WalteregoWalterego Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Coley's Miami Hurricane offense was 62nd in 2014 and 71st in 2015 in scoring. Not great and didn't get better. Kirby wanted to promote from within. That should mean seamless. We are currently 25th in scoring despite a strong defense that provides the offense many opportunities and 2 stat-stuffing cream-puffs. The top teams this year rank 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 10th, and 1st in terms of scoring respectively. We aren't even close to that.

Whether Coley's historic mediocrity (improved slightly with top tier talent) or Kirby's insistence on a plodding offense are primarily to blame is a question that rightly infers blame on both.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I returned to this"thread" because it has become quite apparent that if Kirby relies on a very mediocre Coley to run one of the conferences worst offenses, UGA will lose at least three games, including Florida. Does it take this kind of record to get rid of sub-par coaches at UGA now? A three-loss (at least) record will shut down vital recruiting. I am painting a worse case scenario.....but it is all too clear a mental picture. Perhaps, Georgia's very talented team can gel on its own....and SCORE! Jake Fromm will be a major factor. He needs dry weather though, he tells us. No rain dances, please. LOLOL

GO DAWGS!