Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Opinion: Kirby Smart says he didn’t hear boos; that’s not all he’s ignored

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageOpinion: Kirby Smart says he didn’t hear boos; that’s not all he’s ignored

The last time Georgia celebrated a win this drenched in water, the fire hoses at Auburn were to blame for the wetness. However, Saturday night vs. Kentucky was the work of a higher power. If only the act of God that brought forth the downpour could also be summoned to restore the thunder and lightning to UGA’s

Read the full story here

Comments

• MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well you compare last years offense to this year when we lost the top 5 pass catchers from last year's team... Not wise to compare that.

Georgia is built to be Georgia, NOT LSU, NOT BAMA, NOT OKLAHOMA. Why do you all keep stirring the pot and creating drama? The players on our team KNOW what type of team we have and what their identity is.

The Georgia game was much worse, condition wise, than the Florida/S.C. game. I watched it. There were times when it stopped raining completely and Florida received blown calls by the Refs which basically gifted them 21 points. Quit comparing the two games.

Fromm has said he didn't want to throw the ball. Actually told the coach that the ball was too slick to throw. So are you going to call a passing play when your QB has no confidence of where the ball is going to end up??

Support this team. Go Dawgs

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pretty sure BA supports this team with his heart and soul. I hope the players know what type of team they have and are bought in but I do not know that for sure. Nor does anyone else. @DDub, you are hoping that is the case and I sure do as well. That is all it is though, hope.

Folks are allowed to be frustrated with the offense, because ... well, it’s frustrating. Four years into Smart’s tenure and the team should be able to handle losing players to draft. Receiver development is a major issue. Look at the stats and you’ll see. There is a major gap between the lads who went pro and this years rotation. Where are all the receivers who were behind last year’s starters?

• RingTheBellRingTheBell Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Criticizing poor performance is not the same as not supporting the team. Recognizing real and persistent deficiencies in our offensive game plan is not the same as stirring the pot. Support your claim for why you think the criticism is unfounded, but by saying that other fans are invalidated because they have different claims than you, you're only invalidating yourself.

• iowadawgiowadawg Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

I love you BA but how can a 21-0 victory against a power 5 team in the pouring rain be considered "miserable"?

Have you ever played in a power 5 game in the pouring rain? No!

Have you ever quarterbacked against a power 5 defense in the pouring rain? No!

Have you ever caught a pass against a power 5 defense in the pouring rain when the ball is probably going to be off target? No!

I wish you and other GA fans would stop complaining and enjoy the victory.

Sincerely,

Iowadawg

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

@iowadawg, Brandon is concerned because he knows these offensive issues are not likely to get us past high quality opponents. This is a championship or bust year and he wants his favorite team to play to their potential. Take it easy on ole BA.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great points BA. if our offense looks this anemic against the likes of SC and Kentucky, how are they going to do against real defenses like FL and Auburn? I hope they are working hard these next two weeks to figure it out. We all want the Dawgs to succeed, players and coaches alike, but DawgNation folks are sophisticated football fans and have watched a lot of games between the hedges. Kirby can pretend he doesn’t hear the boos, but we know something is wrong when we see it.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"It was an instinctive reaction to a lousy stretch of a miserable night Between the Hedges. Their outburst doesn’t mean they love their Dawgs any less, nor do they have any less affection for Smart."

This. Because those same fans booing were actually cheering 99% of the rest of the game.

• DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Those receivers, are gone also. Ford transferred, Holloman kicked off, Godwin, Nauta, Ridley, Hardman to NFL.. NO PROGRAM is ready to replace that many..

Jackson is stronger (and faster) than Blaylock, which is why he was above Blaylock on depth chart, but he got injured first game. Blaylock and Pickens were summer arrivals so they missed out on Spring practice, but most importantly, strength and conditioning. Which would help them with blocking and shedding man coverage. Tommy Bush has been injured. Cager and Simmons both have shoulder issues which makes them a liability in the downfield blocking for the big runs, and I guess catching punts... Charlie Woerner couldn't block a high school linebacker. Eli Wolf has missed key blocks and catches. And D-Rob had a hamstring which still seems to bother him and if you have ever had a hamstring, the worst thing to do is push/block.

But this is Coley's fault? Our offense was NEVER supposed to be like OU, Ohio St., Alabama, or Clemson.. but once LSU changed offensive philosophies, all of a sudden we should.. really? If you want to run that type of offense, you better get away from slow possession type receivers like Ridley and Pickens and go hard after Arian Smith (fastest high school player in the country).

When Tua, Smith, Ruggs, Jeudy, and Waddle are gone, so is Alabama's wide open slant attack. They can't replace those players, and that's BAMA. We are Georgia, we run the ball. Our Offense through 7 games is better than our Offense through 7 games in 2017 and that team went to the National Championship.

The biggest problem on this team right now is the O-line and Fromm.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Watched the Carolina game, it quit raining shortly after halftime.. Rained the entire game in Athens..

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

I guess my 2 cents worth of Conjecture is worth as much as anyone else’s, so here goes:

I believe you should dance with the one who brung you. And I’ve watched Kirby and believe there’s some purpose to his seeming madness. Also, I don’t believe that Jake has suddenly forgotten how to read defenses or throw a football.

It’s possible that the play-calling thus far has been part of a misdirection strategy directed at some of the better defenses we’ll be facing from now on out, hoping that it will pay of when we get down to the Tactical. If that’s the case, I hope that when Kirby reaches into that hat, he pulls out the expected rabbit instead of Beetlejuice.

But one thing worries me more than that, and may give the lie to my proposed scenario; It’s our seeming impotence when it comes to 3rd or 4th and short – for Pete’s sake, even Tom Brady can still execute a QB sneak most of the time.🤨

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thr Dawgs are fine. Stop harping on the offense and show love to this defense.you win titles with defense

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There's always a reason to be thankful! As for me, I'm thankful that none of the DN writers nor their self-proclaimed gridiron geniuses that comment on the website are coaching my school's football team. For the most part, we lost to SC because a receiver ran a wrong route and the pass was intercepted, a ball hit the receiver in the hands and turned into an interception, and a 50/50 ball wound up in the hands of the wrong 50% for a pick six.

Now the geniuses, both Brandon Adams and those commenting, question the coach's game plan to WIN THE FREAKIN' GAME IN A FREAKIN' DOWNPOUR by not tossing the ball all over the lot for their entertainment when it was not necessary.

Kirby is correct not paying attention to the fans sitting in the deluge booing. It's the big money donors up in the swanky suites dry as a bone sipping wine that have Kirby's back. Kirby is going no where for a long time so those who love to gripe are going to have a lot to gripe about when it comes to the style of play of UGA football. Now, on to Jacksonville to smash some Gators in the mouth for two and a half quarters before thoroughly whipping their behinds the rest of the game!

• Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Brandon Adams , I think D’Andre Swift might have a few words for you.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's not just a few fringe fans questioning Kirby's decisions when it come to the offensive play calling. People who've covered a lot of college football over the years in the media have expressed the same things. That doesn't happen by accident. I'm as big a Dawg fan as anyone, but Kirby has them playing tentative, tight and almost scared. And this notion that you aren't "real fans" if you express concerns about play selection and a QB who seems to be regressing by the week is nothing but hogwash. UGA has no problem making you pay out the **** for the privilege of watching the game from the well-earned Dooley-Sanford stadium chairs they assign when you reach status, and they sure shouldn't mind hearing gripes about a coach who makes $6+ mill a year who balk's on simple game management timing issues. I hope they put it all together for the Florida game -- I really do. It would be a sight to behold if this team could fire on all cylinders for 4 quarters.