Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs fans pleased by a win, but disturbed by continuing problems

SystemSystem Posts: 10,502 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageDawgs fans pleased by a win, but disturbed by continuing problems

Grind-it-out offense worked against Kentucky, but Florida will present a much stiffer challenge.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Good thoughts, Bill. We will see if any changes vs Fla.

• Options
    maconexpressmaconexpress Posts: 164 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

I want to see how the season plays out before I hit the panic button but Kirby's first 4 seasons are looking more and more like Mark Richt's first 4 seasons. Mark Richt entered his 5th season with a mobile qb (DJ Shockley) and Kirby could be entering his 5th season with a mobile qb (Stetson Bennett). Very similar.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bill King nailed it. Coley shoots blanks at the defenses. Kirby looks for the good and seldom confronts the real problems with UGA. He runs on and off the field like a 5th grader.....this really opened my eyes to his lack of ability as a head coach. His old mentor Saban probably has to muffle his chuckles if he even concerns himself with UGA...he does not need to at all. Alabama is a far superior team...so are Florida and now Auburn...vastly improved. That is real intuitive head coaching. Smart seems out of his element in the top chair...thus UGA suffers as a result. All that team talent wasted on a coach that just doesn't get it?...So far. He is trying to mirror Alabama with the running game I think. Coley knows only the up-the-middle run, etc. Do not know how he ended up at UGA???? Two lost souls with a team that, properly led, could easily be champs! Saban would have UGA number one or two week 9. Seriously. You may disagree....but Saban is up there yet again!!! Forget the SEC...you better be watching Ohio State Oklahoma and Penn State. Crowding out the top fivers.......! UGA is not not in their league in more ways than one.

So we dance with the one we brung! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

Please retire permanently Bill as you have no idea how to win a football game. The only thing I can count on from you is complaining about the bathroom and concession lines at the glorious Sanford Stadium...grumpy old man!

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA's challenged short yardage ability really stood out to me in this game. I'm certainly no expert nor even a veteran. I've neither played nor coached a single down of officiated football ever. But it's just astounding that an o-line that is very skilled and weighs well into 300 lbs per, cannot manage a one yard QB sneak. I understand about stacking the box, but those situations are times to consider making them pay for it in order to keep them manageable. Eight men in the box, means there is only three in the backfield.

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

Hay kirby

just look even nick has realized that it’s ok to throw the ball instead of running it all the time??

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ItchyZ, looks like you answered your own question there - when the defense puts just about everyone on the line of scrimmage and we run right into them, the problem's probably not the O line.

Bill, all in all agree with your assessment. I'm perplexed, though, as to why you decided to make the final word a jab at the defense.

• Options
    MadDawggMadDawgg Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

The definition of insanity and utter stupidity: keep doing the same thing and expect different results. I’m afraid it’s going to take CKS this whole season to realize that

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good analysis, Bill. We'll see what happens down in Jacksonville, and then, at the end of the year we'll see if Coley is back as OC. I'll say this for Ed Ogeron at LSU. For all the criticism he took, when he realized that his offensive brain trust was holding him back, instead of getting defensive and digging in his heels, he went out and made a pretty bold move to hire someone who could boost his team's chances. Now the LSU offense is the toast of college football; a guy (Joe Burrow) who couldn't throw it in the ocean while standing on the beach last year, is now a legitimate Heisman Trophy candidate; and LSU has replaced UGA as the leading threat to overtake Alabama. All because their coach was open and honest that he had a problem that needed fixing and decided to do so. I would hope CKS would do the same, but I know he won't. Heck, he didn't even want to lose Chaney.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

I see you deleted my original post....can’t handle the truth?

i saved it for you...

Please retire permanently Bill as you have no idea how to win a football game. The only thing I can count on from you is complaining about the bathroom and concession lines at the glorious Sanford Stadium...grumpy old man.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jay Little, the post is still there. Comments that get enough down votes get minimized. I'm pretty sure it's automated. I think there's some way to open them after it happens. Sometimes I'm able to, sometimes not.

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is the most anticipated UGA/UF matchup since 2012, and it should be a good one. It is time to put up or shut up for everyone. Let's hope Fromm burns the Gators once again, and that the defense can somehow manage to pressure Trask.