Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 takeaways from Georgia's 21-0 win, some reminders for booing fans

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

image3 takeaways from Georgia's 21-0 win, some reminders for booing fans

Georgia football is playing defense at a championship level, but some fans are booing too much to take note or realize he offense is being called accordingly

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Billybob101Billybob101 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

Thanks, Mike. While you can be a bit pollyanna-ish, you are far more on point than all the doom and gloom loonies who've crawled out of their caves in the past few weeks.

• Options
    chillinnchillinn Posts: 20 ✭ Freshman

Finally, some perspective!!! I'll back away from the cliff now!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

All those booing "fans" were ecstatic when UGA signed those massive lineman to open holes for the Running Backs..

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

Rumor has it that Fromm has a bad case of tendinitis and can't throw downfield. This is supposedly a "secret", so mums the word.

Also, another rumor has it that Pittman had to step in and "assist" with playcalling late in the 2nd half, and that's when we started to see the outside runs that actually worked.

Oh, and Mike Bobo supposedly already has one foot in the door as our next OC after Colorado State cans him.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great article @MikeGriffith. It was very much needed.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

When we Dawg fans and alum invest our money ,, heart and souls in the Dawgs year after year, we have every right to boo a subpar performance. To the ones making wise cracks about fans having never played football , most of us never played a musical instrument either but we do recognize good music when we hear it .

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Save the Boo's for Dan Quinn and the Atlanta "Beakless" Falcons. With two weeks to get ready for the swamp lizards & Nov, the Dawgs will be fine. Not quite sure what everyone was expecting Sat night in Athens, but with 25-30 mph winds & 2+ inches of rain during the game, it was nice to get in the locker room with a win and no new injuries.

With the exception of the first two scoring drives, the Dawgs avg series started around their own 15 & with Fromm having to wait for receivers to make their move, any attempt to open it up could have been disastrous. Even KY opted to leave their passing QB on the bench. Also that last 92 yard scoring drive was a thing of beauty that allowed the Dawgs to basically run out the clock & put the game on ice. It's the exact type of drive Georgia will need to make several times the remainder of the season.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

The takeaway? The Dawgs are in trouble....The Florida, A&M and Auburn games will tell the story.....Because of their D I think the Dawgs can win all of these games...But they could very easily lose all of them.......Georgia made the Kentucky defense look top ten...In any case what if Georgia wins all of these games and goes into the playoffs...Right now they simply can't compete against Alabama....Just a word on the booing.....Some of these people pay five figures just for the opportunity to buy season tickets. they have the right to do what they want....I will say that I see a higher level of stupidity among the Georgia fan base....On the first drive Georgia had 4th down on their own 34 and the crowd was booing because they would not go for it....I mean really? I thought these people were suppose to know football...it sounds like they have more money then sense

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Excellent points Mike. It is disappointing to read doom and gloom comments from those who think they have all the answers.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's simple. If we can't throw the ball down the field we are not going to like the rest of the season very much. The fans know this. Even the ones that won't admit to it.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Regarding Pittman, I saw him with the headset on and fully engaged with the players.

Maybe it was the rain, but I don't remember ever seeing him on the SL like that.

Mike Bobo is really taking a lot of criticism right now, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone at CSU.

I guess the tendinitis is as good of an explanation as any...with the QBs going to the NFL after this season, I just don't see Fromm leaving until after his senior season.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

I find it interesting that the author says Georgia doesn't have the talent on the perimeter to win a track meet with Bama or LSU when all we heard before the season was all that 4 and 5 star talent stacked up like cordwood and how Georgia had more 5 stars than all the other east teams combined. And they couldn't win the perimeter against an unranked 2-3 South Carolina. Excuses are a poor substitute for results but that seems to be all the media and coaches have.

Do more. LOL! What a joke. Florida is going to abuse Georgia next week, the difference in the coaching staff is as bad as it was when Spurrier was spanking Goff year after year.

• Options
    FalconUGAFanFalconUGAFan Posts: 140 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is a pretty accurate portrayal. I wasn't at the game but I suspect that the booing was not directed at the players but the playcalling. We love our players and wouldn't trade them for the world!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Many listened to the pre-season hype from local and national media level ...National Championship or Bust! You dont loose your top 5 receivers and replace with freshmen/transfers. Yes they are 4-5* but must learn system and get strong.