Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Eerie feeling

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sat through an F3 tornado in Dallas last night. Was at my brother in laws house last night taking care of his bird Dawgs when the sirens went off. Got in the closet with my wife and son to wait it out. Had no idea there was a chance of a tornado.

As we were driving home I didn't think much of it. Saw a lot of damage - mainly down trees and such. Was worried about my house. Pull up to my house - no damage - not even a limb in the yard.

Woke up this morning - **** an hour and a half to get to brother in laws to feed dogs. Usually it takes 5 minutes. As I get closer to his house It hits me - just 150 yds north of his house - total destruction. Looks like a war zone. For about 13 miles.

Obviously I feel blessed for my family. But to think - that kind of devastation happens just 150 yds away - and because it's completely dark - I didn't even realize it. Very eerie feeling.

Moved to Texas from Georgia in 1974 and that was my first tornado.

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everybody in your family is okay? Do you know anybody personally who was affected? Feeling for you Tex, I can’t imagine it

• Options
    skidmarksskidmarks Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did the bird Dawgs make it ok ????

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad to hear you, your family and your friends are ok. Can always replace the material stuff, not the people though.

• Options
    Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad you and your family are safe @texdawg

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad you’re all safe ⭐️

• Options
    BigDawgBrinkBigDawgBrink Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wow man. I'm so glad you and your family are safe. You are a valued member of the forum obviously, but you really seem like a stand up dude. One of my greatest teachers always pushed the idea "don't waste a tragedy" it seems morbidly capitalistic from the outskirts, but what he really meant was to live in appreciation that you are here and to make it count, because not everyone gets that chance.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you.

I drove my son around the destruction this afternoon. It's really, really bad.

Certainly not as bad as some of the storms that have hit the south or Oklahoma in the past few years - but bad none the less.

No one died. Not a single person died. How in the world was there that much destruction for 13-15 miles - and everyone survived? A miracle.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw that report on TV. Glad you and yours and the bird pups are ok.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad you have internet. Would miss you measured insight. In short supply here at times

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Marcus Spears couldn't make it to his show Thinking Out Loud last night because of the storms (which is a great football show by the way). He had to film it via satellite with Greg and the Carolina girl. Glad you guys are ok Tex.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad you and your family are okay @texdawg

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad you were safe. Tornados are very strange. There was one is the neighborhood of several of my family members, in Atlanta's Buckhead, decades ago. It jumped from place to place in a pogo stick manner, hitting one house but leaving the neighbor's. The damage was incredible and yet spotty.

I'm glad you can still say, "Go, Dawgs!"

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know the feeling man. I was in Ringgold,Ga in 2011 when that tornado came through. It is very strange for sure. Glad everyone is alright.