Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert: The big reasons why he's leaving the state to play for LSU

2»

Comments

• Options
    CEPHCEPH Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I honestly don't believe we will get either one of the top guys we are recruiting at tight end. The question is, why should we? How long have we heard we are going to get the tight ends more involved in our offense. We don't throw the ball down the middle to anybody. I know if I were being recruited as a tight end I sure wouldn't go to Ga. and essentially play an offensive line position which is what it has turned into. Sorry folks it ain't happening!!!!

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

@ CEPH (and all others) we will get at top tight end. Take it to the bank. Gilbert may not like the LSU offense as much when Burrow isn't there. That's what he sees now. He thinks it's the offense that's making them good now. It's the QB that's making them good now. Let's see how good LSU does without him. The sky isn't falling on UGA with all this....our offense is so terrible talk that's been going on. We haven't been able to make the TE a big part of our offense because we haven't had one that's great as a receiver. Good, but not great. It's looking like we will get another top 5 class, maybe even top 3 again, with a great TE included. If we beat UF and have no major injuries, we will roll the rest of the season. I have to say, that's a BIG if. Not very confident this year. Hope I'm wrong, DAWGS need to get fired up!!!

• Options
    Rubendawg2211Rubendawg2211 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, if you believe what he said literally then it sounded like UGA was never in the mix - sounds like Bama would've been second. Everyone blames our offense, but honestly at his age, I don't think kids really are interested in lying. They are instead swayed by smaller things like how good our/their cafeteria is. The weather could affect their decision. Their mood for that day. Who knows. Not every kid makes the right choice and clearly Fields in where he needs to be now and I don't think anyone would argue that he should've picked Georgia.

So... lets move on. I'd be more irritated if Zachary Evans (RB) chooses LSU vs us given how successful our RBs are.

• Options
    KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

The real reason for Gilbert and these difference maker type players is obviously this ridiculous offense that Georgia is running. Watching Bama & LSU with their high scoring and exciting Offenses, why would any superior athlete want to play snail ball. Kirby better wake up and quick!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm happy for the guy. He wants to go to LSU.

So please, DawgNation.com, take his smiling mug off of your front page.