Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH Georgia players sound off: Florida game 'for all the marbles'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Georgia players sound off: Florida game 'for all the marbles'

Georgia football isn't being shy about saying the Florida game is their biggest game of the season and has must-win status

Read the full story here

Comments

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@Lighthorse

I can agree with us having more talent overall at key positions but I can't quite grasp piece of cake because of Trask. He reads coverages well and throws well. If Franks was still the QB, I'd be on the piece of cake side. Having 4 receivers with 20 or more receptions with still 5 games left is quite impressive and not easy to defend. Our pass rushers and DB's will have to play well. I still believe in chopping wood but not stubbornly. It will take that to limit their possessions as it would if we played Bama, Clemson, OU, or OSU.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It should be a great game. Both teams have very good defenses, with Ga's likely slightly better.

Both have good but not great offenses, with Ga having a slight statistical edge. I think both defenses will hold the offenses in check, and 24- 27 points wins the game. This is for the East Championship. Can't wait...

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

If we start with a failed run up the middle I will lose it. If Florida starts with a flea flicker I will lose it.

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, this is definitely THE game and should be heavily watched across the country. The winner here takes the East and the winner of the SEC Championship game likely goes to Atlanta. Season is FAR FAR FAR from over, but we have to pull out all of the stops and use every trick we can.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No wood chopping is right! It's time to light the fire with the stack of wood we've got!

Go Dawgs!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

There is no piece of cake here. Looking at trends we have been trending down all year offensively. Hot Rod was off in the SC game, and had no attempts against UK. Fromm has not been what we expected to this point. Our coaches have not come close to getting the most out of the talent that has been assembled here. I have been disappointed to this point.

UF on the other hand has been steadily improving, however they have stumbled at times, most notably against UK, SC played them tough, with fair officiating that game could have been different. The Gators are coming to fight, if we can't or don't respond it could be a long day and get away from us.

Worst part for me is I don't know what to expect, kinda like the Richt days, who is going to show up. Is it the team we know we can be or is Kirby going to trot out the same machine. Part of me can see a team like we were first half of the SECCG last year, dynamic, part of me sees the team that came out against SC, predictable, unable to adjust. Just ****! Either way, been a Dawg Lover for 50 years and that's not going to change. This game boils down to COACHING, who will be prepared, and who can get the most out of their team.