Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart: 3 telling comments on Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football coach Kirby Smart: 3 telling comments on Florida

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart is a straight shooter, so his comments on Florida in Monday's press conference were revealing

Read the full story here

Comments

• natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

These are not encouraging statements from my perspective. It sounds like we will not add an additional pass rusher and let Trask have more time in the pocket. Then rb dives followed by the 20-80 (hadn't been 50-50 all year) sideline passes. Hope Camarda is punting well...

Personally i'd like to see some uptempo with passes on 1st down to start the game. At least give them something to think about before we go to ground and pound.

• GramsterGramster Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

The elephant in the room is the person responsible for Georgia’s SCHEDULE! I thought this was indeed the year of the Dawgs until I saw the 2019 SEC Football Helmet Schedule and saw where someone involved in Kirby’s scheduling staff dropped the ball and allowed a particular SEC East team to get a huge leg up on our pups by only havine ONE game where they face a team off a BYE while our Dawgs face FIVE yes FIVE SEC teams who gave BYEs. I still cannot get over how this is NOT talked about nor why Kirby’s AD allowed this to happen. Someone help me out here! Looming behind the WLOCP is BYE week prepared Mizzou and BYE week prepared Auburn...horrendous disadvantage!

• diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK, I had to STOP reading the article. Smart is a victim of his own success??? REALLY??????? Com'on Mike!! Reality check:

You DO remember that Mark Richt was run out of town, right??

Mark Richt

1st yr: 8-4, 2nd yr: 13-1, 3rd yr 11-3, 4th yr 5-1 (through game 6) = OVERALL RECORD: 37-9

Kirby Smart

1st yr: 8-5, 2nd yr: 13-2, 3rd yr 11-3, 4th yr 5-1 (through game 6) = OVERALL RECORD: 37-11

And that's WITH better recruits & an indoor practice facility. And to be frank, they've looked like crap against TENN, South Carolina & Kentucky.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WE have a deep group of linebackers and talented running backs, oh and the best offensive line in the country(hee-hee), but three of our starting receivers are transfers. Two are senior transfers(1 and done). CKS said FLA is 7-8 deep at receivers all who can "catch the ball." Somebody is dropping the ball (pardon the pun)at recruiting pass catchers. OK, who wants to come to UGA and block mainly for the running backs and catch 2-3 balls a game if your lucky? Come one down! What? No one?

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

I think we should go back to the good ol toss sweep, a reverse, or the WILD DAWG. we have two of the fastest running backs in the SEC/country. They could eat defenses alive in the right kinds of plays. Something to back florida up. You let us get to 3rd and medium to long and they're gonna eat fromm alive. We seriously need to diversify the offense. A high school team could break down our offense. They can say we have the best o-line in the country, but if they can't block 1st and 2nd down, it just allows the defense to pin their ears back and go all out on 3rd. Then we decide to call an RPO where fromm 75% of the time hands off. He sees someone waiting on the edge and automatically hands off. We need some kind of trickery. Something besides run-run-pass to the sideline-punt every series.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

NO body is dropping the ball at recruiting pass catchers.... Lost underclassmen nauta, hardeman ridley, ford,, holloman.... recruited 2 5*'s who should be playing only sparingly this season but are starting... Had to fill in early losses with a couple of transfers. "Dropping the Ball" Call BS on that one.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are still many Richt lovers who agreed with McGarity when he said "10 wins are enough" and gave Richt a raise and extention after a freakin' Belk Bowl win. Like Richt, they thought this comment indicated he had a lifetime contract.

If their religious leader were still HC, 10 wins would still be enough. But when McGarity was forced to fire Richt, the Richtitus swore on his UGA coaching grave there would be hell to pay for whomever follows. Nothing Kirby does will be good enough unless every offensive series ends with a TD and every game is a blowout win for the Dawgs. Heaven help these poor, bitter souls!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bow you necks, it's a playoff game in Jacksonville!

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

South Carolina beat us with inferior athletes. Kentucky held us score less for a half with inferior athletes. Florida has inferior athletes compared to ours. If we lose , Kirby will feel some heat.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can we all just give Kirby and his guys the benefit of the doubt here. 21-0 in the pouring rain, Blankenship stubs his toe on 3 kicks vs the chickens. Stuff happens, the excruciating work these kids put in for Kirby and the staff deserves our respect. Many have ridiculed the Florida fans for booing at home since the Mushchamp days then they boo our own boys at or own house. Time to enjoy what these boys give us for these few months and respect what they do in anonymity for the other 9 months of the year. GO DAWGS!

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Good post. But i have to correct you on Hot Rod. He was 1/3. Made a 50 yarder to make the game 3-0. His second attempt was deflected by SC and fell short. His last try he missed to left, game over.