Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Florida TE Kyle Pitts: The most dangerous Gator matchup for Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFlorida TE Kyle Pitts: The most dangerous Gator matchup for Georgia

Florida TE Kyle Pitts is a matchup nightmare for Georgia's defense, a 6-foot-6 athlete with great speed and receiver hands and route-running skills

Read the full story here

Comments

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully he gets covered, unlike that Irish TE in the 1st half.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA lost Pitts too.....now he's coming back to haunt them. Going to be a tough day for the Dawgs.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

It will be interesting to see how Lanning and Kirby scheme against UF's offense. Their running game is in the bottom third of the SEC. You would assume extra DB's to help out on the TE. Hopefully, Tyson Campbell plays to give us more depth back there. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You mean he didn't want to come to UGA and block and catch 30 balls a season?

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting that we recruited him heavily and didn't get him, considering our obvious recruiting ties to the Philly area with Swift and Mark Webb. Although I hate that he wound up at Florida, I sort of shudder to think what would have happened to him if he had come here. There is absolutely NO GUARANTEE that we would have used him the way Florida has, based on what I've seen us do with the TE's that we did recruit. They may not be in Pitts' category (although one would assume Nauta would have been) but no one has ever talked about our tight ends being a threat the way everyone (including CKS) is talking about Pitts. One would think our coaches would take note. But I doubt it.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kinda wish this had been pushed to the back burner. We’re trying to recruit the top tight end in the country and we’re reading on DN how Florida is using and getting so much production out of theirs. Go Dawgs!

• OKDAWG64OKDAWG64 Posts: 26 ✭ Freshman

If you watch a lot of college and NFL games you will see very successful teams utilizing their tight ends. These big tall guys are impossible to cover and can pick up great chunks of yardage by throwing the ball high where only he can get it. Why UGA doesn't do this I will never know but we would be a lot harder to stop if we did.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Gronkowski had been healthy and played in SB LI, the Falcons wouldn't have lost in OT because the Patriots would have taken over the game from the start. I don't think the Falcons could have covered him, as you said about big TEs.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree, to me this is one of the biggest weaknesses for our D, properly covering tight ends. Reed has already indicated they are going to play tight, physical ball; unfortunately, this typically leads to more penalties against the secondary. Warren better have coached these boys up.

Must win game in three short days. Go Dawgs!