Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia offensive line must 'rise to the occasion' against sack-happy Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia offensive line must 'rise to the occasion' against sack-happy Florida

Georgia has started six different offensive line combinations through its first seven games, but the original starting group could be intact for Florida

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there is a team within a team in football, it is the offensive line. It has definitely hurt the Dawgs, both running and passing, having to play so many combinations. The players we have put out there are talented but having to play so many has hurt their continuity.

UF's sack total is more smoke and mirrors. The 10 sacks against the most god-awful OL in the country in the opening game against Miami heavily skewed their numbers and the Gators still struggled to win that game with everyone healthy. The Dawgs will dominate!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope you're right, @ShoottheHooch . I'm not worried about our line creating holes and running lanes for our running backs. It seems everyone has done that. But I am concerned we may not be able to hold of their pass rush. Even against Vanderbilt, when the line was healthy, Vandy pressured Jake Fromm all game. I'm worried about that. If we're going to have a chance, we need to give Jake a clean pocket -- and even then we need to pray the receivers can get open. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Receivers probably aren't going to get real open if they run down 15 yards and turn around, (most of their routes). But we do need some misdirection plays, crossing patterns, send Swift out on some wheel routes, etc. even quick slants. Jake needs to b emoney. Pleas no jet sweeps or screens. No screens, they never work for us for some reason.

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope Jake takes his own advice and goes out, plays loose, and has fun Saturday. I also believe Kirby and company need to stay with the hot hands, i.e. ride the horses. Substitution for the sake of substitution and getting a lot of guys playing time may not be the best recipe for success Saturday. Our offense has had a terrible time finding a comfortable rhythm and flow since the ND game. If we find it they need to stick with it.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Still makes me laugh that Grantham is running their defense. Especially the way they laughed about him while he was at UGA.