Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Atlanta United

EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Atlanta Toronto tied 1-1 winner wins the East and faces Seattle Sounders in the MLS Cup 🏆!!

Comments

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Best thing that has happened to Georgia sports since 95

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So i guess technically they broke the curse...

• 101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't win them all, still a good season

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Man this one hurts. The missed PK was the difference. Can’t wait to see who we bring in with Parkherst retiring and contracts ending. I just hope we can bring up some of our home grown talent. I think we will be even better next year with more of the younger players having another year under their belt.

• MattBMattB Posts: 24 ✭✭ Sophomore

I was thinking that ATL United would have branded themselves the best "football" team in Atlanta if they weren't owned by Arthur Blank.

That got me thinking, on a parody level, what is the best football team in Atlanta right now?

I'll go with Marist. 9-0 and number 2 in AAAA. A close second is Georgia State. 6-2 the last time I checked. Beat a team that beat a team that beat UGA.

• savvydawgsavvydawg Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ugh! Thought United is the one team not afflicted by the Georgia curse....up early...missed a critical play...lost lead in second half of the game and unable to recover...boy does that sound familiar. Hopefully we can be back in it next year!

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No reason whatsoever to lose that game. Totally dominated possession. Soccer can be crazy when it come to single elimination.

I hope United’s not gonna suffer the Atlanta curse. Getting close but no cigar. The Braves won one title and done the Falcons should have one and United should have 3 if you really look at it they were close there first season and everything was set up perfect for one this year. Makes you want to pull your hair out. Guess we’ll find out next year if we’re a one hit wonder or a team that’s relevant every season.

The first 2 games of the 2020 scheduled are out. Season just ended and I’m ready for the next. Am I the only one?