Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart 'not really' concerned about what Brenton Cox might bring to 2019 Florida football team

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart 'not really' concerned about what Brenton Cox might bring to 2019 Florida football team

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Kirby Smart not worried about what Brenton Cox might bring to Florida this year The Florida football team has

Read the full story here

Comments

• JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing to see here. Move along. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

14 five stars to 1 and the Gators are ranked above us? Come'on coaches.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our pass rush is not "stellar" because we do not have elite talent on the D-Line. We have got to recruit better on the D-line if we are to compete for titles. Walker was a great addition but we need at least two more elite lineman rotating in. WE NEED JORDAN BURCH! I pray that young man commits to the G!!!

• dawgfan623dawgfan623 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any advantage that he might be able to provide is more that overshadowed by our secondary coach who will have lots of info about their WRs. He will know their tendancies, tells, weaknesses, etc.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You can game-talk all you want,. Cox is a big loss, as was Justin Fields.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not even a sure thing that Cox will play for the Gators next year. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But I don't think he's necessarily a game changer. But as the article notes, nothing for us to worry about this year. Go Dawgs!

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm by no means an expert, but if we want more highly rated DL talent, we need to have a better balance between DL and LB's being the main rush attraction. We're stacked at LB, I believe, because of this. I think this is one reason Clemson has attracted such DL talent, and I think that Dabo has had to look to LBs since he lost several DL.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A bad attitude and lack of commitment will get you buried on anyone's depth chart. I'm not sure if he let the door slam him on his butt on his way out or not.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And by-in-large how they play on the field is due to coaching. When a lesser talented team plays beyond it giftedness it's either all the recruiting sites whiffed on a guy(happens occasionally-as in Eric Stokes) but not 14 times. Coaching can bring out the best in players(to the point of being labeled overachievers) or fail to utilize the talent pool available and thereby underachieve.

UGA has a 1st round running back, QB, and OT. We should, (emphasis on should), be steamrolling teams. This is championship level talent and it all goes away next season.