Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

3 keys to Georgia beating Florida, staying on SEC title track

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

image3 keys to Georgia beating Florida, staying on SEC title track

Georgia football has to beat Florida to win the SEC East, and that will start by establishing the ground game in Jacksonville

Read the full story here

Comments

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

4.Score more points than the opponent.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida will key on D'Andre Swift...a given. Then what? Exploit the DE's. . Scotch UGA's running game and game over in my opinion. Swift must have a super human day on Saturday. Fromm must step up to the leader he says he is. Stopping FL's offense is good but not if you can't score. I am believing that somehow UGA has worked through a game plan that will give them the win.

GO DAWGS!

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good and accurate article. Succinct.

Go, Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't believe I will be able to handle a loss to this Florida team. Please, not this year!

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m with you Dawg365. This is one of those type games where style points won’t matter as we are in a must win situation. The road to the playoffs goes through Jacksonville this year, as we all know. Hunker down Dawgs and leave with a win. As I’ve stated before I will be very satisfied even if we win by one point. Go Dawgs!

• Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m not sure where the optimism lies with my beloved dawgs. I haven’t seen us play one game that makes me think we can win this game. The only thing we have is more top recruiting classes! I hope like hell we win because the gap between us and them has closed rapidly and we will never have this wide of a talent gap advantage

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

We need to win this game along with winning every other game - including the SEC Championship - in order to make the playoffs (which is our goal). Even if LSU loses to Bama, the CFP will most likely take an 11-1 LSU team over the Dawgs unless we win the SEC Championship.

It's that simple.

Otherwise, we may be playing Oklahoma again in a second tier New Year's Day bowl.

• rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree that this game as well as the SEC Championship are must-win games to make the CFP. Lose to the Gators, and you can forget about any talk of the CFP - the consolation prize will be the Meineke Car Care or Belk Bowl. A loss to Auburn later in the season would not be as catastrophic, as the Dawgs would still be in the driver's seat for the SEC East championship and would have a shot at LSU or Bama. Though not ideal, a two-loss SEC champion would still be in the conversation for the playoff. At any rate, the Florida game really is a make or break for the season, more so than any other game that remains.