Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Statues

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Ok. We’ve got the field named after coach Dooley were set with the Georgia Florida game for the next few years so isn’t time we get a statue for coach Dooley & the greatest running back in UGA history Herschel Walker at Sanford Stadium. I know there’s a statue of Dooley at the track and field facility but shouldn’t football statues be at Sanford Stadium? There’s a statue of Herschel that’s already been made. Surely we can find a place for some of our Football Greats there.

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Me & my fellow Dawgs have been wondering that for years....glad you brought it up.

How bada$$ would it be to have a giant Herschel statue pancaking a TN chump right out front?!

Well overdue, hopefully this will gain traction with the powers that be.

• 1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not as bada$$ as a statue of D Swift rolling a bammer chump for a natty

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Most stadiums that had great coach’s have statues where you don’t need a map to find it. I hope coach Dooley has a long life so let’s get this done while he still is alive. That alone should be reason enough to get it done. Come on Governor Kemp and Billy Payne what’s the hold up. We can put Tennis, Baseball, Track, the colosseum and the Indoor practice facility in that little space so don’t say not enough room.

• RingTheBellRingTheBell Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

There's already a statue of Vince Dooley outside of the literal "Vince Dooley Athletic Complex." I used to walk by it every single day my sophomore year there.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In honor of today I personally think ole BA needs something in front of DawgNation head quarters. Bro has pumped the importance of hating the gators for a moment.

Yeah I bet BA’s heart was thumping just like the rest of us. And thank goodness we got a Hot Rod on our team he’s a difference maker. I love a game that the outcome is still up in the air in the 4th quarter.

I guess my statue thread’s not going anywhere. I just hope to see Herschel get his due in my life time. And not just him I mean most stadiums have statues. I’ve seen the Harry Carey statue in Chicago. I mean I’m not going to name all the ones I’ve seen but I think Larry Munson deserves one to. I could go on and on but what’s the point. It’s up to the powers that be. If you agree make your voice heard. We have a Governor who had a big hand in getting the field named. Let’s get him involved.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Herschel Walker

and

Frank Sinkwich

I’m not on Facebook and I don’t Tweet so is there anyway possible that some of you “Dawgnation “ can post or tweet my original post to those sites. I didn’t like the negativity on each site. Maybe the more attention it gets we can get the ball rolling. Come on Dawgnation help me and everyone else who wants this to happen. Thanks.

This is the Herschel Walker statue. They move it around and you just have to get lucky to see it.

Why can’t we put it near the stadium? Where it should be!

• Dawg53Dawg53 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We need a Cager statue!!

• HunkerDown1MoreTimeHunkerDown1MoreTime Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Needs to be right outside or inside Sanford Stadium

I want to see one of that man with the Growling voice that my generation heard on the radio. Larry Munson. A Dam Good Dawg RIP.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't checked lately, but the statue usually resides on Pulaski street in front of the artist's studio across from Pulaski Heights BBQ.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. More statues!