Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Tweeting at recruits.

MetalDawgMetalDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman
edited October 2017 in General

I'm all for tweeting a congrats to a new commit but to just tweet at them constantly is weird. I bring this up because a Twitter account tweeted the Clemson locker room fight video at Jaramee Salyer asking why would he want to go there. To me this is a huge no no when it comes to being a fan. What is your opinion on this subject? On one hand I think recruits like the fan interaction on the other I think it's a bit creepy.

Comments

• MetalDawgMetalDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

@Denmen185 said:
    I follow a number of players and recruits/targets but have never even thought of tweeting them.

I do congratulate new commits.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

I guess it's part of the whole social media thing. I don't partake in any of it only because I have no interest, but if your going to put yourself in the public eye, I guess you better get used to seeing and reading things, appropriate or not.

• ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm happy about every who commits. I don't follow any of them. Signing Day is along way away. I hope we get them all.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed @bmauldin exception being the grand kids

• AkonAkon Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any grown person who tweets anything but positivity to a high school kid is an embarrassment. Salyer noticed when some UGA fans were tweeting negatively at Brenton Cox following his commitment. Stop trying to make an entire fan base look ignorant.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whoever tweeted Salyer is either a dawg fan with terrible judgement or a troll from another program.

Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

• MetalDawgMetalDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

@bmauldin said:
    Just rule of thumb... I don’t interact with people under the age of 18 on any social media platform...

Smart.

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2017

Agree don't tweet or only tweet congrats for a recruits decision n good luck for whatever school he chooses. Positivity to the young folks and true wishes for their best, so they pass it down n become the best generation.

If I where to tweet another kid it would be TL. What an accomplishment he is going to a great program and I can't wait for the Justin show down to come. State of Georgia blessed with tremendous kids.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tweeted back and forth with David Marshall a couple of times after he signed with UGA last year. He’s a good kid and it sounded like he appreciated the encouragement, etc.. but it just felt creepy to me, so I stopped.

I’ve never really been interested in young kids though since I was a young kid. Maybe some people can relate to them or have something to say. It’s not for me though.

• CalidamusCalidamus Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Only on the rare occasion that I see them tweet/retweet something that could get them in trouble. I'll advise them to take it down, but that hasn't happened since Trent's freshman year and he thanked me for it.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:
    Grown men have no business tweeting recruits/kids, period!

See the only exception by Denmen185 above.