Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Marcus Spears: 'Vanilla' Georgia out of time to establish offensive identity

SystemSystem Posts: 10,533 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Marcus Spears: 'Vanilla' Georgia out of time to establish offensive identity

Former LSU All-American Marcus Spears says the Georgia offense better find its identity and let Jake Fromm throw the ball if it's to beat Florida

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't know what it is but something isn't right with this team. It wasn't right against Texas in the Sugar Bowl. It REALLY wasn't right against South Carolina. I thought the days of not showing up against inferior opponents was over. In a few hours we play our biggest rival. Even if we beat them it doesn't end there. If we can lose to South Carolina, we can to Missouri, Auburn, and Texas A&M as well. But whatever is wrong with this team and program has to be fixed if we are going to win championships.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Agree with Spears. Disappointment reigns king this season and many, many other seasons.

It's simple. Win the rest of the games - including the SEC Championship - and we make the playoffs.

Lose and we end up in some second tier bowl AGAIN possibly playing Oklahoma....

GO DAWGS!! Finish the DRILL!!!

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

3rd and 7 all day will be a loser for us today . gotta move the chains

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

Kirby will never win a National Championship at UGA. He IS Les Miles, who got lucky one time, and got to play Ohio State for a BCS title. If only Kirby could be so lucky. Kirby’s offensive philosophy, and poor sideline decisions are nowhere near any of his contemporaries. His only chance would be to get his buddy Mike Bobo back as OC and Asst Head Coach, and turn him loose with this talented offense. Bobo scored almost 50 points a game with Hutson Mason as QB, and pathetic O-lines. Just imagine...

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our stats against SC - other than one stat, guess which one - were sufficient to beat most teams?

Had we not experimented with the passing game and just stuck with what we are good at we wouldn't have had the problems the passing game generated and we would have won the game.

I have a lot of faith in Kirby. He's earned it. These commentators are not Georgia fans and are not necessarily more than half smart. It costs them nothing to advise us to be a risky Air Georgia offense.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey JimWallace...

I'm an UGA alum and was sitting in the stands during our National Championship game against Notre Dame in 1980/81.

I've had season tickets for years and suffered through the Goff, Donnan, and Richt eras. I am not a season ticket holder any longer. However, I am an avid UGA fan and college football fan in general and support my Dawgs. But I do have HIGH expectations based on our year-after-year Top 5 recruiting classes, millions spent on coaches salaries and facilities, and honestly the weaker SEC East competition. There is simply no reason why we shouldn't be in every single SEC Championship game annually. We have the best talent in the East, and to lose to SC is nothing short of laying an egg. Stats are for losers. Win the games you are supposed to win and beat the teams you need to beat.

We can't continue to have disappointing seasons year-after-year. The goal is a National Championship and nothing short of that will do. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. No excuses. Finish the drill.

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MontanaDawg...I have read many comments written by JimWallace and have always respected his insight and candor. However, I have to agree with you on this one. There is absolutely, positively no reason on earth we should have lost at home to South Carolina, none whatsoever. With the advantage we had with talent in that game, we should have still been able to overcome the mistakes we made. I will never be convinced we shouldn’t have tried a 60 yard field goal versus a poor attempt at a Hail Mary. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Marcus Spears still just picked UGA...he said it was so hard.

I think UGA can win big, but as I said on another thread, FU has gotten beaten bad 2 years in a row...the seniors are playing for respect.

In regards to offsense, LSU has really lit it up, and I have wished our offense could be more like theirs, but Joe Burrow is a graduate. As I understand it, he doesn't have class, so he can concentrate on football full time. That is a HUGE advantage.

IIRC, Fromm was planning on being a finance major, and as a junior he should be in Terry College of Business. I've wondered if that isn't something of a distraction.

I'm really pulling for Fromm to make it big, but I think he's thinking about his degree.

I don't know any more than the average fan, but have wondered about this.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

We better come out and play like we're a hungry bunch. This is a must win game, and all the rest of them are too. We'll see just how bad we want it today. I want to see a fired up, and ready to go bunch of Dawgs playing their tails off out there today!

GO DAWGS!

BEAT THE HECK OUT OF THOSE HATED GATORS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Dawgs will win. They tend to play down to inferior teams and up for top 10 teams.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Spears is correct, Georgia's offensive philosophy was quite effective in the 60's and 70's but unfortunately it ain't the 60's and 70's anymore. Brace yourself guys, the next three hours or so is going to be very painful for Georgia fans.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No offensive identity? Spears is the not-so-illustrious potentate of all the talking head village idiots! We are RBU!

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah those were a great 3hrs bc the Dawgs controlled the game from start to finish with the same offensive plan as usual.go Dawgs

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad all these naysayers were proven wrong Saturday. Go Dawgs!!!