Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

An emotional Kirby Smart to his QB: 'Don't ever doubt Jake Fromm'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageAn emotional Kirby Smart to his QB: 'Don't ever doubt Jake Fromm'

UGA coach Kirby Smart made it a point to show his overwhelming support of quarterback Jake Fromm after the win over Florida on Saturday night. While Fromm was waiting to be interviewed by CBS Sports immediately after the game in the middle of the field, Smart charged at Fromm and ripped him away from the circle of

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

since the pic above this article is more kirby than jake im guessing the likeness $ is split 60/40???

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That look on CKS's face isn't joy, it's sheer relief, like when you wait patiently to learn if a loved one survived a terrible accident and that moment you realize everything's alright. They made it. Or the look when someone saves you from some horrible fate. Your in good hands with Jake Fromm!

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Spot on loran, the doubt was in play calling not #11. For the first time this year we had receivers open! Cager was open by five yards. That was scheme. Not players suddenly getting separation on skill alone. Go dawgs!

• Options
    jwithnelljwithnell Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Solid win on all fronts! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jake will be playing on Sundays next year and hopefully Carson Beck will be ready, or even better, Bennett will be ready to fly high as the new Dawg QB.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is the Smart versus Mullen count up to now? They pay Mullen $6 million a year to lose to Georgia.

So disappointed not to see a flea flicker by either team - was it there and I just missed it?

• Options
    Gaowens58Gaowens58 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

This win is the difference in being ready to play and not being ready to play. Last two games before Florida we were not prepared to play. That is the Coaches fault. These players look really good today. Stay ready to play in every game. GO DAWGS

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree...it has been the play calling not the players. Cager was wide open..that is play calling and route running. Coley got a new play book. Swift ripped off some big ones as well. Herrien's miracle catch was just that. A lot of what had not come together before...gelled. When it gels, UGA shines. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All of those that questioned Jake after the KY game have the football IQ of a flea on Uga's behind! Needlessly throwing the ball in tropical storm wind and monsoon rain would have taken...well, the IQ of a flea on Uga's behind!

“I just feel thankful that I have a head coach that believes in me, and believes in this team. I am so thankful to be here.” Jake, I am thankful that you have a head coach that believes in you, and believes in this team. I am so thankful that you are here!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I'm not going to be like so many others and claim that my doubt was limited to coaches and game plans and what not. I doubted everything -- including the players -- after the past two games. Since the coaches constantly say, "it's players, not (the) plays," then I had doubts about their abilities to step up. But they answered the bell and I'm very happy and proud of the way we played today (although I'm still wondering if anyone else besides Cager can get open on a consistent basis). This is the what I expected out of the Dawgs all year. Now it's on to Missouri. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MOSSMAN93MOSSMAN93 Posts: 44 ✭✭ Sophomore

Young and inexperienced receivers are going to struggle at this level, and UGA has several of them. I think that's why you see a majority of balls going to Cager and even Wolf. That said, we have had receivers open if you go back and watch the past few games, but we haven't gotten the ball to them. The media jumps on a topic and spreads it out there for the world to see and all of a sudden "UGA's receivers can't get separation." That's just a bunch of hooey. If you're relying on the media to tell you how good or bad you are, well that will change from week to week. You're never as good or as bad as people say. GO DAWGS....TO HELL WITH FLORIDA

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The Dawg Boo Birds were silent yesterday. **** Great Win.

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

There is nothing to make up for. Jake Fromm is a DGD! He has brought so much to this team as an athlete and more importantly as a man. He represents Dawgnation well! Good on ya always Jake!

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't think anyone has ever doubted Fromm as a great field general and good game manager, He also seems to be a great young man and a DGD as for him being a talented QB that can take a team on his back and win ….well that he is not ….. don't believe me just glance at the stats the more often he throws a pass vs a running play is the more often UGA loses