Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN forgets how many years in a row Georgia has beaten Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,507 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageESPN forgets how many years in a row Georgia has beaten Florida

ESPN showcased little respect for Georgia on Saturday even after the Bulldogs defeated the No. 6-ranked Florida Gators, 24-17. First, on the network's famous pregame show, College GameDay, the entire panel picked Florida, who was a six-point underdog against the No. 8-ranked Bulldogs, to win Saturday. Then after the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched most of Gameday today, and every time this game came up, the piece consisted almost entirely of praise of Florida. Any acknowledgement that Georgia had any chance of actually winning the game was thrown out in passing on the way to more praise of Florida.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What's up with ESPN? They seem to dislike the Dawgs......hummmm?

• Options
    BullDawg88888BullDawg88888 Posts: 29 ✭✭ Sophomore

Desmond Howard actually picked Georgia.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Spears and Finebaum picked UGA (it was obvious it pained them to do so).

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited November 2019

Well dan and fl have another moral victory 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen and Grantham are now zero for their lifetimes with Kirby on the sideline! Yes it is great to be a GEORGIA BULLDOG!

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best way to shut anyone up is to win. Dawgs did that in style. Game was never really close. I had my doubts...and they were DEAD wrong.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you're going to write a story about the media getting things wrong, you might want to not make mistakes of your own. The entire Gameday panel did not pick Florida. Desmond picked Georgia. Also, it's likely that they were thinking of us beating Mullen two straight as UF coach and just made a mistake. Regardless, glass houses man...

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a former journalist, Dave, I'll just say if you're going to take a shot at someone, -- even ESPN -- get your facts straight. The "entire panel" on College Game Day did NOT pick Florida. Desmond Howard actually went with the Dawgs and his pre-game assessment was actually spot-on, as he said that Jake Fromm would bounce back after hearing so much negative talk about him for two weeks. I understand why people were counting on Florida, they had momentum and we did not. Truth be told, a lot of UGA fans went into the game holding their breaths. It's easy to be all "we knew it all along" AFTER the game, but before hand some UGA folks were sweating bullets. I was one of them.

• Options
    BiggDawgBiggDawg Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love the petty. Lol. Go Dawgs

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The vaunted Grantham defense once again came through giving up 12 of 18 "third and grantham's". The best one was the 52 yarder to Cager with a gator corner taking a solo casual stroll in the park in the middle of the field. Priceless.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

T sure was alot Dawgnation doubting the Dawgs the last 3 weeks. And Fla didn't have more momentum that UGA.

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know how to avoid hearing any "propaganda" from ESPN and herbie? Don't watch it. My life has been 100 times better since I've quit. Now, I do hear it second hand, like this article, but I don't have to watch the talking hairdo's do their persuasive BS to fans and the AP voters (which probably half never watch a Georgia game).

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great game plan yesterday, clock management was perfect.

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Desmond Howard picked Georgia on Gameday so it was The wrestler FL, Corso FL and Herbstreit FL 3 of 4