Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    HouzdawgHouzdawg Posts: 340 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Would a UF loss at Mizzou complete the flip of Dexter??

• Options
    LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would doubt it. I think the gators have shown enough improvement to keep him in the fold, and he would be a clear position of need for them.

• Options
    TurkeydawgTurkeydawg Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't see Dexter bailing on UF. And as far as flipping, he hasn't even taken a visit at this point, and doesn't have one scheduled. Seems locked in with Florida.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I sure hope that Todd Hartley and Smart were both on the phone to Darnell Washington and Theo Johnson pointing out that Georgia wants to use them like the Florida TE. The only player that that might have a chance to cover either Darnell Washington or Theo Johnson is someone like Noah Sewell.

• Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen is an annoying guy but he's over performing like crazy.

• Options
    gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’ll likely have a better shot at playing time at UF than at UGA. That’s not to say he wouldn’t play early at UGA. But UF is losing 5 or 6 guys on defense and I think 6 or 7 guys on offense. I think they lose their Center, Perine, and all of their starting WR’s.

It will be interesting to see what level they’ll be at next year with that many starters leaving.

• Options
    walthamstowdawgwalthamstowdawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg i know slightly off topic, but what's the current feeling on Jake? He gone?

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I work at an airport near Clempson and talked to an nfl team scout and he was pretty adamant that he was going pro fwiw

• Options
    IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

what Is the plan at Db? We only going to take 2? Only name I’ve heard in a while is ringo.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Respectfully, you’re probably wrong here. As a guy who spent like 5 hours reading UF boards last night and this morning, aka an expert, UF knows they don’t have any talent in the interior DLine and that’s where they’d put him. They don’t have any now, and have recruited it really poorly so it isn’t going to change next year. He’d probably start and be an important cog for them immediately.

Whether that is his best position or not is another question, I know you like him more as a 5Tech than 3. Not gonna pretend I have a valuable opinion on that debate. And I have no doubt that he would factor into our rotation early as well, but Id have a hard time believing we would have to rely on him as much as UF would.

It is hard to overstate how important they think he is to their class, fwiw. If you’re confident he sticks there, so be it. BUT they do have a thread talking about him flipping to us right now, so y’all can go read it and laugh like I’ve been doing anyway.

On another note, I was playing with our class calculator earlier today. Didn’t realize how good of a class we are likely to have... gonna easily clear 300.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That would be an interesting sales job...pointing out how another team uses their TEs rather than how you in fact use them especially when you have a different offensive philosophy and scheme and have given no indication about wanting to change it (quite the opposite in fact).

This discussion has been closed.