Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football report card: Bulldogs ace Florida test, 24-17

SystemSystem Posts: 10,649 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card: Bulldogs ace Florida test, 24-17

Georgia football aced its toughest test of the season to date, beating Florida 24-17 in Jacksonville on Saturday to take control of the SEC East

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 631 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree KhunKhaoDawg. If the offensive line can’t get an A+ in that game after 30 passes and Jake had the cleanest uniform on the field after the game, then quit giving grades Mike. You probably don’t have a clue. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agree. Handing the SEC sack leading Gators a goose egg is worthy of an A+, no matter the errors.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wonder what the argument was about between Mullen and one of his assistant coaches during the fourth quarter Saturday, seems Mullen was using a few cuss words during the exchange?

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd agree with the grades and give coaching an A as well. CKS and Coley mixed it up a bit on offense but stayed true to their normal game plan. Everyone played well and there were just a couple of unnecessary penalties which have hurt us in the past. Let's carry this momentum into Mizzou and beyond. Our goals are still intact, but it won't get any easier the rest of the season.

Great game Dawgs!! Congratulations!!!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

That Fromm run and then lateral (backward pass) to Herrien. Was that improvised? That blew my mind. It didn't really matter much in terms of picking up a first down but it was unlike anything I recall seeing this year - better than the James Cook reverse several games ago that I think has a lot of future potential, especially if the reverse is faked after running several reverses.

Florida looked out of sorts the entire game. How do you call two time outs on your OPENING DRIVE? and then turn the ball over on downs (as I recall after having a 2nd and 1)?

In the Dooley years we were in Florida's head, winning even when Florida had better teams. We saw that reversed with Spurrier, and so far it looks like Smart has reversed the psychology back.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Of the Gator's 24:12 TOP, over seven minutes was on their final clock killing drive. There may be an alternate universe where Mullen is a better HC than Kirby but not in the Milky Way galaxy!

BTW, what was the official looking at that threw the flag on UGA on the play where the Gator receiver went up for the ball at the goal line for the TD? He clearly pushed off to get separation, but the Dawgs were going to get a PI call if it had not been caught.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Looking at all the recaps on TV and sites other than this one, a lot is being made of the bad call on that Cager catch. I saw one article that basically traced all of Florida's woes back to it. And yeah, it was a bad call. But overall, the poor officiating went in Florida's favor.

There were multiple flags for offsides that clearly didn't happen, and if I recall a couple of those resulted in third down conversions for Florida that would have otherwise been fourth down situations.

Florida's OL were holding out in the open all day long, and the one time the refs considered enforcing the rule, it was offset by, yep, a bad offsides call.

Speaking of holding, I thought the call against Landers was nit picky. Yeah, it could be called, but he let go after less than a second. Considering all of the holding that they decided not to call in that game, I find it hard to justify the decision to take a touchdown off the board for that.

I know it's bad form to gripe about the refs, especially after a win. If there wasn't so much being made of the one time it went in Georgia's favor, I probably wouldn't feel the need to get this off my chest.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think that had something to do with wasting another timeout in a come from behind situation.

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There seems to be this media narrative that more elaborate scheming means you’re the better coach.

Recruiting is part of coaching, fundamentals are part of coaching, motivation is part of coaching, player development is part of coaching.

All areas in which Cousin Eddie can’t even sniff Kirby’s jock strap.

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

Easily picking nits after a win. I'd mark down the receivers slightly, due to Landers. Holding call (another nit) negating a TD, but the bigger issue was his NOT laying out for that beautiful pass in the end zone. Certainly Pickens would have laid out. Go Dawgs!