Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Dan Mullen wants to know 'motive' of referee call in UGA game from SEC office

Comments

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

There were some bad calls but it wasn't because of bias, it's because of sheer ineptitude. I can't believe the NCAA doesn't address the issue, the officiating is really bad across the country and it's getting to the point of having a negative effect on the games. Either they need to enhance the training significantly or simplify the rules

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a problem with the Cager catch too. I want to know why the official didn't call the Florida DB for holding on Cager.

If the Florida DB doesn't hold, Cager likely makes the catch cleanly.

It's just like Mullen to try and deflect and distract. The Florida Receivers were pushing off on the Georgia DB's. That's what happened at the goal line score, but they called PI on the Ga DB.

The Swift TD on the Toss Sweep that was taken off the board for holding was as nit-pick call. Yes, he barely held just briefly, happens on many of those type plays, and usually doesn't get called. If that play stands, the game is essentially over, and Georgia wins by 14, or more.

The Florida O-lineman held the Ga D-lineman on a bunch of plays. They did finally call a Florida lineman for holding, but they made it off setting. So, the officials basically let the Florida O-line hold on essentially every pass play.

Mullen is just trying to change the narrative. Who can blame him. He got out schemed, and out coached.

Mullen needs to quit crying, and take it like a man...

• Ugagolf80Ugagolf80 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

They had the rest of the 1st half and the ENTIRE second half to erase a ONE SCORE deficit and they couldn't get it done. It did not "decide" the game by any means. They were dominated on both sides of the ball. What about the bogus "holding" call that negated Swift's TD? There are gonna be calls that don't go you way-deal with it. Did we get a huge break? Of course we did. But you also have to capitalize on the break, which we did. If the Gators had gotten that call they would have loved it, and don't think for a SECOND they wouldn't take it and run. UGA has been screwed by the zebras ALL SEASON. We finally got a break in a big game. Good for us.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So Cousin eddie only is concerned about the officials motives when it benefits his team?

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey Dan Malarkey, remember this...

GO DAWGS!

BEAT MISSOURI!

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cry me a river....

Initially I thought it was a bad call. But watching that gif about a dozen times, I have kind of changed my mind. I can now see them calling that a catch.

• jaxDawg2jaxDawg2 Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

I understand Mullen not liking the call. What gets me is his use of the word "motive." It's one thing to complain that a call was blown. Quite another to suggest a conspiracy.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Someone is worried about impeachment ha ha,....football must be a hard sport for you to watch with all that lliberal dominanace out there on the field, not too many GOPers in the NFL playing these days since integretation.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's rich. Dan Mullen works the refs like nobody's business. He intends to get every break.

More and more I dislike this man. If we beat him a hundred years in a row that would be fine with me, and I'd bet he'll complain every year. He doesn't seem to take responsibility for losing.

Go, Dawgs!

• MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Did Mullen complain about the bogus holding call that took Swift's long td run off the scoreboard? Or did he complain about the bogus defensive holding call that allowed the drive that scored their last td to continue?

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen had to do something to placate Florida "fans" and that meant the refs calls were bad!!! It could not have been Mullen,oh no, he is above reproach. UGA wil beat him the next ten games.

On to Missouri...enough of Mullen.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have to agree...If this had happened to the Dawgs the people here would be screaming.....I still don't know how they said he caught it.....maybe they said had possession for a split second and then was down when the ball hit the ground...in any case that play is an incomplete 9 out of ten times